Auto start/off and pilot assist

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Savant

Post by Savant »

eugen61 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:29 pm
JFDIT wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:24 pm Pretty sure that Sensus ones could simply change colour.
You’re right.

From Sensus owner’s manual:
“The car is equipped with a number of LEDs that make it possible to change the colour of the light. These lights are switched on when the car is running. Changing the colour of the light:
1. Press Settings in the top view in the centre display.
2. Press My Car Lights and Lighting Interior Lighting Interior Mood Lighting.
3. Choose between By Temperature and By Colour in order to change the colour of the light.
With the By Temperature option, the light changes according to the set passenger compartment temperature.
With the By Colour option, the Theme Colours subcategory can be used to adjust further.”
This whole feature is missing on my 2024 XC40 model. I can only change the intensity(brightness) of cabin light. Unfortunately, no colour change option.

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

I have Sensus and I’m using Pilot Assist quite often in city traffic, for me it’s very useful. Your car is AAOS and has a better Pilot Assist with the sensors placed in the front grill logo, not in the top middle of the windscreen as in my MY2020.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:24 pm I've still got the LEDs in the front and back but they only glow off-white. You can still change intensity though.
Pretty sure that Sensus ones could simply change colour.
I hadn't even looked for them as there was no mention in the spec for mood lighting.

I had mine set on blue in my previous car but as said it was useless and barely noticeable unlike other cars I've had.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

eugen61 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:29 pm
JFDIT wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:24 pm Pretty sure that Sensus ones could simply change colour.
You’re right.

From Sensus owner’s manual:
“The car is equipped with a number of LEDs that make it possible to change the colour of the light. These lights are switched on when the car is running. Changing the colour of the light:
1. Press Settings in the top view in the centre display.
2. Press My Car Lights and Lighting Interior Lighting Interior Mood Lighting.
3. Choose between By Temperature and By Colour in order to change the colour of the light.
With the By Temperature option, the light changes according to the set passenger compartment temperature.
With the By Colour option, the Theme Colours subcategory can be used to adjust further.”
With all that you'd think it would be really good but it was a big disappointment. Not surprised they have dropped it!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Krystof

Post by Krystof »

It's not possible to disable the stop-start system, but in the B4 it's almost seamless anyway - once you're used to it, you'll hardly notice it at all. Also, it doesn't only switch the engine off when you come to a halt, it also does it when you're coasting - and you'll hardly notice that either, unless you look at the icon in the display. I suppose it's kind of the whole point of having a mild hybrid at all, which is why it can't be switched off. I'm sure you'll get used to it very soon - certainly it's nothing like those clunky old systems that growl and vibrate when they restart the engine. I've had those in a couple of cars, and I didn't get on with them at all - my first action after starting the car was always to press the button to disable it :lol: The system in the B4 is nothing like that. Enjoy your car!
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Savant, if you turn off Auto Hold and stop with final light brake pressure the engine will keep running.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Savant

Post by Savant »

Krystof wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:58 pm It's not possible to disable the stop-start system, but in the B4 it's almost seamless anyway - once you're used to it, you'll hardly notice it at all. Also, it doesn't only switch the engine off when you come to a halt, it also does it when you're coasting - and you'll hardly notice that either, unless you look at the icon in the display. I suppose it's kind of the whole point of having a mild hybrid at all, which is why it can't be switched off. I'm sure you'll get used to it very soon - certainly it's nothing like those clunky old systems that growl and vibrate when they restart the engine. I've had those in a couple of cars, and I didn't get on with them at all - my first action after starting the car was always to press the button to disable it :lol: The system in the B4 is nothing like that. Enjoy your car!
It creates a delay while pulling off following the traffic lights, as it leads to disjointed flow of movement.
I am used of seamless acceleration, this is jarring and unsettling.
Savant

Post by Savant »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:13 pm Savant, if you turn off Auto Hold and stop with final light brake pressure the engine will keep running.
Let me try
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I only do it when I'm bored! Or going a bit quick around the twisty bits and don't want it coasting!
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Savant wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:26 pm
Krystof wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:58 pm It's not possible to disable the stop-start system, but in the B4 it's almost seamless anyway - once you're used to it, you'll hardly notice it at all. Also, it doesn't only switch the engine off when you come to a halt, it also does it when you're coasting - and you'll hardly notice that either, unless you look at the icon in the display. I suppose it's kind of the whole point of having a mild hybrid at all, which is why it can't be switched off. I'm sure you'll get used to it very soon - certainly it's nothing like those clunky old systems that growl and vibrate when they restart the engine. I've had those in a couple of cars, and I didn't get on with them at all - my first action after starting the car was always to press the button to disable it :lol: The system in the B4 is nothing like that. Enjoy your car!
It creates a delay while pulling off following the traffic lights, as it leads to disjointed flow of movement.
I am used of seamless acceleration, this is jarring and unsettling.
It's better than the previous stop start but I'd still prefer not to have it or at least be able to turn it off. As you say there is still a slight delay and mine isn't completely silent as some report, I get that starter motor noise as it starts. But when I first start the engine it is very quiet! My dealers not close so not worth a visit to check it out just yet.