Amazon Music keeps buffering

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Grampa

Post by Grampa »

I'm sure someone must have logged this post but can anyone tell me why Amazon Music continually goes into buffer mode when playing music.
Some days it's perfect.
Other days, like today, it lagged continuously.
So very very frustrating!

AldridgeAndy

Post by AldridgeAndy »

To be honest this is likely down to a combination of the Amazon app and revamped music service.

Amazon used to have a very stable service, then early 2022 they revamped the service and the app. To say the customers became Beta Testers would be an understatement.

Even to date across all platforms subscribers are complaining about the service and app functionality.
2024 MY - Volvo XC40 B3 Plus Dark
adrian_xc40

Post by adrian_xc40 »

Sorry, a bit off topic, but has anyone tried Tidal app for streaming music? How does it work?
MY24 23w51 XC40 B3P Plus, minus Blis, in Vapour Grey metallic, Blond Leather interior and Panoramic sunroof, H/K sound system, 19” Rims.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Tidal works brilliantly. Sound quality is great. It even works well with voice control. It does sometimes stop for buffering when the mobile signal is poor but generally it's vastly better than Amazon.
Having said that the Amazon Prime video app works really well for passing the time whilst parked/charging.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

You need to set up a Tidal account like with Spotify etc. You can have a family account to share with other family/friends to make it more cost effective. The app is in the Google play store on the AAOS cars. Not sure about Sensus models but there is a reliable phone app.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Amazon music is just there so that Amazon can ask customers to pay more for delivery.
It can’t be considered a serious music streaming service
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras