Heated seats and wheel on PHEV.

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

Hi all

Quick question, I'm sure last year when we started the car via the app with it sat on the drive plugged in and with power to it.

It would start the cabin heater, then if the temp was below 7 it would also start the seats and steering wheel along with the front and rear demister if needed.

I have all the options ticked so they should start on medium.

When we start it in a morning, it starts the cabin heater but nothing else, then when we get in the car and press the start button, everything else comes on, seats wheel demister etc.

I'm certain it used to heat the seats and wheel last year.

Can anyone with a PHEV say if theirs heats the seats and such before you get in the car?

20240110_181144.jpg

20240110_181139.jpg

MY21 T5 Recharge R Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the options. I have added mud flaps, floor and boot protection and Polestar, with 2 years service and warranty.

Hijken Boy

Post by Hijken Boy »

I've started mine remotely via the App twice this week and eveything came on as it should.

Andrew
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

Thanks for the reply, so when you get in the car the seats and wheel are already warm?

Is yours the T5/T4 recharge plug in hybrid.
MY21 T5 Recharge R Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the options. I have added mud flaps, floor and boot protection and Polestar, with 2 years service and warranty.
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

OK this is resolved.
Turns out if you use an IPhone you get an extra settings menu to turn the seats and wheel on!

This gear Icon does not exist on my Android.

When you click it you get the settings below

20240113_120146.jpg

20240113_120132.jpg

Hijken Boy

Post by Hijken Boy »

Interesting.

Yes, seats and wheel are warm after the remote start.

Mines a one year old T5 PHEV with more or less every option box checked.

I have an iPhone so that explains it then.

Andrew