"Free" insurance

For discussions on the Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Does anyone else have an XC40 BEV that was purchased outright with the three year free insurance offer included ? I think it was a limited time offer for orders placed in mid 2021. The insurance was placed with Highway, a division of LV. Volvo recently changed brokers from Lloyd Latchwood to Wrisk Transfer Limited. The insurance is still with Highway/LV but it is now a monthly subscription. Volvo paid the premium directly for the past two years. All has gone fine for the first two years but now it's time to renew again but onto the new system. I guess it won't come as a surprise that this is not going well. The invitation to renew arrived but no mention of the included three year scheme. I have just spoken to the new scheme brokers who claim to have no knowledge of the offer. It would not surprise me if Volvo have not told them about it. So now awaiting a call from someone senior who has hopefully found out what is going on. I cant be the only one in this situation although I suppose I might be the first of many. Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue and how it was resolved.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps

Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

Maybe it's to do with the shocking increases of insurance generally; didn't have 3-yrs free insurance but had 3-yrs fixed at a very competitive rate. Quote 3-yrs on came with a 300% increase.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

The quote is actually very reasonable. It works out at just under £400 for a year with protected NCB, legal cover and £400 excess. For some though it could be much more significant. It's just another example of Volvo not thinking it through when making changes.
Deleted User 4737

The XC40 is in group 25 so a quote of £400 is very reasonable. It seems they are choosing not to think on many issues; change of car coming soon (not Volvo) and looking forward to experiencing their enviable position on service and reliability.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Ours is in group 42 so even more reasonable.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Success! For anyone else who may run into this issue the broker is now aware of the issue and the solution. Volvo will apply a credit to each monthly payment equivalent to the premium. In future it should apply automatically for those affected. They won't cover any extras such as NCD protection but that was not even an option in the past. So the result is it's costing me £5 per month for protected NCD and legal cover. Full marks for getting it sorted so quickly
Deleted User 4737

Glad to hear you have it sorted. Surprised to read that your XC40 is in group 42, guess that's fully electric for you.