dash insert

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Ruby12345#

Post by Ruby12345# »

I have just collected my 2019 Momentum pro Thunder Grey D3 AWD...It has inserts on the dash and door cards, that are black in colour with embossed maps on them all other cars have alloy ones was this an option selected by the previous owner...
Not been able to find any info or any other XC40s that have them.. Love the car it has lots of spec that was put on by the previous owner when purchased new..

Mark

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

City Map Inlays were a no cost option on the Momentum and Momentum Pro.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

I also ordered the black aluminium City Map inlay on my MY20 Momentum Pro. The map shown on the inlay is Goteborg harbor. As ChrisLF said, it was an additional no cost option to the standard bright aluminium Cutting Edge inlay found on Momentum and Momentul Pro trims. Since the dark inlay does not allow decor light pass through, the optional interior lighting pack containing rear roof, rear seats ground, glovebox and decor+ambience lighting could not be combined together with City Map inlay. That explains why you won’t find any lightning in the back seats area.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Sounding pedantic here but the Momentum had Urban Grid and the R-Design had the Cutting Edge inlays with the Insription having Driftwood.

I don't think you are right about the lighting. Momentum didn't have rear lighting as you imply and a few folks on here have complained about its omission but I'm not aware of any packs to add it. Also I've never seen any light coming through the inlays on my cars with both having the Cutting Edge. Momentum has glove box lighting anyway.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

ChrisLF wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:29 am Sounding pedantic here but the Momentum had Urban Grid and the R-Design had the Cutting Edge inlays with the Insription having Driftwood. don't think you are right about the lighting. Momentum didn't have rear lighting as you imply and a few folks on here have complained about its omission but I'm not aware of any packs to add it. Also I've never seen any light coming through the inlays on my cars with both having the Cutting Edge. Momentum has glove box lighting anyway.
You’re right about Urban Grid, I mistook it for Cutting Edge. Probably the UK market had some elements of the extended interior lighting option I’m talking about (like glovebox lightning) included in Momentum and Momentul Pro trims. I always thought inlays except City Map allow ambient light coming through, that was the explanation I received back in 2019 for not being allowed to add the extended interior lightning pack.
Ruby12345#

Post by Ruby12345# »

Thanks for the info ... have to say trying to find out what options the car over standard is difficult to say the least..
it has an electric drivers seat , 19 inch Diamond cut alloys , rear tinted windows . 360 camera ... heated seats , not sure what is standard or options ..
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Best way to find out is to Google for the price list e.g. Volvo XC40 2020 Price List UK. Fortunately in the early years they were available as PDFs and not just the web-site as now.

I've said 2020 as that is the model year and I still have my price list from when I had mine. Differences in the different trim levels, packs and options are clearly listed.

Those were the days when we had options! :D

percymon

Post by percymon »

Ruby12345# wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:57 pm I have just collected my 2019 Momentum pro Thunder Grey D3 AWD...It has inserts on the dash and door cards, that are black in colour with embossed maps on them all other cars have alloy ones was this an option selected by the previous owner...
Not been able to find any info or any other XC40s that have them.. Love the car it has lots of spec that was put on by the previous owner when purchased new..

Mark
Hopefully this price list/spec sheet is close enough to your vehicle build date..

https://www.mrking.co.uk/pdf/pricelist/ ... celist.pdf

City grid inlays were a no cost option on momentum and momentum pro