Returning to Volvo

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

This is my first post having taken delivery of an XC 40 B3 Plus in Silver Dawn from Waylands Oxford yesterday. This is my second Volvo having owned a S70 for 8 years in the late 90s/early 2000s. I remember that car with affection - comfortable, quality interior, excellent ride etc…..
In the interim, I have owned BMW, Audi, Skoda and Hyundai. First SUV was BMW X1, followed by Skoda Karoq and last car was Hyundai Tucson HEV. Main reason for the Tucson HEV was to start a transition from petrol to fully electric. Looked at the Toyota RAV 4 as well.
I am still not ready for a PHEV or full EV because of either price and/or lack of charging infrastructure. However, will certainly look at the new Volvo EX30 in due course.
Have always fancied the XC 40 since it came out but did not want to pay more than 40k - the road tax hike really bugs me! Test drove the B3 Plus and was really impressed. The understated luxury of the car is still there and although the XC 40 has been around for some time, I was more excited getting into it than I was with the more modern and highly rated Tucson.
I benefitted from an excellent deal on the new XC 40 and got one in less than 2 weeks. I know my mpg will be much lower than the HEV but I only drive about 5000 miles a year so no great impact.
Have already read plenty of posts on this forum which have been very helpful and informative. Look forward to making a contribution and hope my experience with this Volvo is as good as my last.
XC40 B3 Plus in Silver Dawn. Ordered 30 Nov 23, handover 11 Dec 23.

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Welcome and great colour!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

Thanks. It was either silver dawn or shadow grey. My first Volvo was silver so that was that!
XC40 B3 Plus in Silver Dawn. Ordered 30 Nov 23, handover 11 Dec 23.