Would You Buy Another

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Wouldn't consider buying another as the petrol (with or without hybrid) AWD is no longer available in UK. If that changes then yes I'd consider it.

Happy with Qashqai AWD at the mo though
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019

Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

I am with ChrisLF on this one.
I have just got my new car but considered a number of options before deciding; there are still some very positive reviews on the XC 40 over recent months by the likes of What Car, CarWow and Top Gear. I have part exchanged a Hyundai Tucson (very similar to the Kia Sportage) which was a very good car but still had issues. There is no perfect car out there, and the price, package and value for money which clearly can vary over time can tip the balance in favour of one car or another. I have a good friend who bought the same model as I have earlier this year and he says it is the best car he has ever owned. We have both enjoyed our driving for more than 50 years! For me, and I know it is very early days, the build quality of my new car appears excellent and having come from a car with pretty much all the bells and whistles I prefer the less fussy and more conservative approach of this Volvo. My car which cost me around £35k, was readily available, came with 0% finance after 50% deposit and came with 3 free services. That tipped the balance for me but a shame the Plus spec didn’t include privacy glass and blind spot monitoring which I found extremely useful in the Tucson. Only downside for me so far is the feel of the brakes - I am aware of the regen noise issue that some are suffering from and hope Volvo resolve that problem soon.
XC40 B3 Plus in Silver Dawn. Ordered 30 Nov 23, handover 11 Dec 23.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Yes, the brakes. First time I drove mine and braked normally I thought yikes it's not stopping! Put it down to new pads and discs and thought would get more bite over time. This hasn't happened though and since learnt that it's due to the regenerative braking system. Initial pressure activates that and provides some retardation and then increased pressure applies the brakes proper evidently.

I'm used to driving different cars and have got used to it to largely but I do get caught out a bit after driving a car with a normal braking system before driving the Volvo again for the first stop or two.

In a similar vein how do you find the coasting?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

Exactly same experience for me with the brakes. I guess I’ll get used to it but it was the only slightly disconcerting issue on the test drive. I am now prepared for it. Haven’t done much coasting so far but haven’t noticed anything untoward yet - just the little battery icon flashing on the dash screen.
XC40 B3 Plus in Silver Dawn. Ordered 30 Nov 23, handover 11 Dec 23.
Scotty2F

Post by Scotty2F »

Sadly not for us.

We wanted to get a newer version of our T5 but only ones with big batteries available now and we are not ready for that.

It was one of the best cars we’ve had.

Until the new one arrived a few weeks ago 😉

IMG_5563.jpeg

R Design Pro T5. Bursting Blue. Intellisafe Surround, Winter, Convenience, Xenium packs. Lots of stuff like 4C, Harmon Kardon, Polestar, Power Passenger Seat, Car play, Tow-bar etc. Ordered 22/6/19, collected 06/09/2019 sold Nov 23
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Sadly! :D

You have my full sympathy!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

Sour grapes have a harsh taste!!
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Sorry, don't understand your comment. Guess you are agreeing it's not good to falsify safety test results.
Last edited by JFDIT on Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Perky

Post by Perky »

No more XC40 or Volvo for me: AWD in petrol is no longer available, not really a refined or luxury car for the price and appalling customer service. This was my first and will be the last Volvo. That is just my experience.
T4 AWD Oct 2019