Is This a Good Way to Buy a Volvo

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

When choosing a car should it not now be a pleasant experience? I prefer to see the product, try the product, talk to and build a relationship with a real person, strike a deal with them and be treated in a way that feels I'm valued and in safe hands both at the beginning and throughout ownership. It seems some marques consider that absurdity?

gripross

Post by gripross »

BuzBox wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:34 pm When choosing a car should it not now be a pleasant experience? I prefer to see the product, try the product, talk to and build a relationship with a real person, strike a deal with them and be treated in a way that feels I'm valued and in safe hands both at the beginning and throughout ownership. It seems some marques consider that absurdity?
To be fair when i first ordered i was more than happy but feel some of these issues are deffinately down to lack of communication between Volvo UK and dealers. As has been said in this post...maybe the margins are being squeezed too much and if so that may lead to less Volvo dealers in the UK
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
gripross

Post by gripross »

riskymoth wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:27 pm Interesting reading - I've just taken delivery of a new B3 Plus ordered online - I've found the dealers and Volvo pretty hopeless to be honest. Through one dealer I arranged a test drive, but they forgot all about me when I turned up. The dealer (same group, different location) who dealt with the delivery was disinterested and unhelpful, and completely failed to follow up any emailed questions. Volvo themselves have been rather uncommunicative, and their part exchange valuation was quite a bit higher than the dealer would offer (which was about on the ball if other valuation sites are to be believed). Maybe this new model is not working very well - the dealers aren't getting such a big cut, so don't care so much - and Volvo are acting as a monopoly with the sales, fixing prices and not having to try too hard. Didn't they get in trouble for this a decade or two ago? So far I like the car, but am not impressed with the customer service for any aspect - I would would probably buy something else if I was doing this again.
Volvo were once king of customer service.....seems things have changed for the worse...no news today on my car except an email to say bear with us we hope to be able to update you today....but guess what? no update....
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
gripross

Post by gripross »

JFDIT wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:40 pm Before I decided on an XC40 or X1 23i I test drove a 6 week old Tiguan demonstrator in Grimsby. The test car was being used a member of staff, it was dirty, had baby seat fitted, everywhere was full of personal items and baby stuff. Couldn't get in the back for the rubbish and it stank. Every time I cornered something rolled around. I wasn't impressed.
When I returned the sales guy was only interested in selling me the test car, which wasn't the spec i wanted. When I talked about ordering a factory build and the finer details of the vehicle he wasn't interested and pretty much walked away. I would never return to that dealership.
It's not just Volvo that have issues!
Thats disgusting....seems poor customer service is everywhere

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Gripross - Certainly a case of over promising and under delivering. And continuing to be so.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
gripross

Post by gripross »

ChrisLF wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:14 pm
JFDIT wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:40 pm Before I decided on an XC40 or X1 23i I test drove a 6 week old Tiguan demonstrator in Grimsby. The test car was being used a member of staff, it was dirty, had baby seat fitted, everywhere was full of personal items and baby stuff. Couldn't get in the back for the rubbish and it stank. Every time I cornered something rolled around. I wasn't impressed.
When I returned the sales guy was only interested in selling me the test car, which wasn't the spec i wanted. When I talked about ordering a factory build and the finer details of the vehicle he wasn't interested and pretty much walked away. I would never return to that dealership.
It's not just Volvo that have issues!
I've had some good experiences with VW dealers but my son didn't 12 months ago when looking for his first car. He'd taken an auto only driving test so booked a test drive in a Polo automatic. When we got there not only was it a manual but it wasn't the latest model. I gave the salesman some stick and drove it. He said they hadn't got one in but I found one in the car park he didn't know about! Not impressed.

He bought a Mazda 2 in the end and the dealer and car are really good.

My Volvo dealer (not the closest) has been really good but it's a pity that Audi are expensive for a similar spec as for the ones I have had/have the dealer experience is first class and servicing costs not too bad.

It's disappointing to hear about poor dealers but as said they cover many manufacturers. I know some dealers think good customer service is important and don't want customers complaining to the importers as it affects financial incentives but others just don't seem to care and the manufacturers don't seem to be able to do anything about it.
I have to admit....never had any issues when buying Audis at all.....in fact when my daughters A1 was late being delivered in 2021 they provided her with a rental until her order turned up her previous car had to go back to vauxhall at end of its term

gripross

Post by gripross »

ChrisLF wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:25 pm Gripross - Certainly a case of over promising and under delivering. And continuing to be so.
I'll be onto them on Monday if i don't hear anything over the weekend.
I was under the impression when speaking to them yesterday that after they'd had a big meeting about my case at Volvo UK that they would be pulling all the stops out to get me in the new car....surely there can't be that much to sort? it surely is just down to Volvo to press the " action" button.

Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

You would think that's how it should be. In my experience, you do have to take on board and accept what you are told and hope actions match words. In fairness though, you only ordered the car end of August with a 12-week quoted delivery time. Maybe its time to just sit back relax, don't get wound up and wait, the car you still have is not a wreck just yet?
gripross

Post by gripross »

BuzBox wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:26 am You would think that's how it should be. In my experience, you do have to take on board and accept what you are told and hope actions match words. In fairness though, you only ordered the car end of August with a 12-week quoted delivery time. Maybe its time to just sit back relax, don't get wound up and wait, the car you still have is not a wreck just yet?
I was told 4-6 weeks for this particular car as it was not built but was passed the stage to be able to add a spare wheel pack. Or if i wanted the spare wheel it would be a longer wait of 8-12 weeks.
Car was built 28th September according to tracking on app.

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Given that, it still doesn't stack up that the car now with the dealer was your original order? Doubt you will ever get to the bottom of it.

As I said before the only saving grace is that the car will be a couple of months younger.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.