2023 model XC40 MHEV Core more teething troubles

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Exmpa

Post by Exmpa »

Cevoli21 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:45 pm If it has the Google system then it's there whether you want it or not. Cant be turned on or off. To be honest the speed limit warning is hopeless. Frequently wrong. it will suddenly change to 30mph mid motorway for no obvious reason. Unfortunately it cant be relied upon. I keep hoping it will improve after software updates but it never does. You could try rebooting the system. A prolonged press on the home button will force a reboot. It solved some problems on ours but not the road sign issue
Having said that mine is usually reliable, this morning it was telling me that the speed limit in Tesco’s car park was 110!

exmpa

Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Recently had a C40 as a courtesy car. It was equally hopeless with the speed limit warnings so at least it's not just mine. Chatting to the dealer apparently they are all like this. They keep hoping software upgrades will solve it but so far nothing has.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
steveg999

Post by steveg999 »

Having said that mine is usually reliable, this morning it was telling me that the speed limit in Tesco’s car park was 110!

Not so bad. - probably km/h
chetwynd

Post by chetwynd »

Just had delivery of the Xc40 core mild hybrid. Dealer singing praises of the Google fit but so far I see only backwards progress from Sensus. No rear camera retrofit possible. No toggle between speed control and cruise control . You need to access central screen. No notifications that car unlocked after leaving. Can’t see the advantage over Sensus.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I've had both Sensus and AAOS and there is NO Way I would revert to Sensus.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

chetwynd wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:22 am Can’t see the advantage over Sensus.
The biggest Google AAOS advantage is OTA updates. With Sensus I get software updates only once every year when the car is serviced and the apps available are less than five. Yes, there are still bugs in AAOS but I’d rather have a car with evolving software instead of one with software stuck in the past.
chetwynd

Post by chetwynd »

Retrofitted Front Sensors do not connect to in car display !
Volvo on call doesn’t tell you when car is left unlocked. Give me Sensus back as Google is a waste of space.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Were they fitted by the dealer? I take it the display shows warnings for the rear sensors along with audio warnings and you would expect the same for the front.

It's the Volvo App where you can see if the car is locked.

Whilst there are things I miss from Sensus that's more about Volvo not including them and hopefully they will be over time and as said at least they can be done OTA.

I like Google Maps and the voice recognition is better and so overall I'm glad I've got the AAOS.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.