Manic Auto Wipers

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

Hi all,
Drove down to Cardiff yesterday, lots of rain, wipers on auto. In heavy rain the wipers went into full speed mode, however, when the rain eased, they remained in manically fast mode and I had to turn auto off and on to return to normal function. Anyone else seen this? Or any suggestions as to why and/or a solution?
Thanks,
Stanno
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021

AldridgeAndy

Post by AldridgeAndy »

On previous cars this behaviour has either been down to worn or damaged wiper blades or contamination of the windscreen.

Cleaning the windscreen with isopropyl alcohol on a cloth after you’ve washed the car is probably a good start. If that doesn’t fix it, then new wiper blades.
2024 MY - Volvo XC40 B3 Plus Dark
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

I'd just put it down to the logic circuits just getting confused. When mine does it I just drop the sensitivity down then back to the setting it was on once they slow down.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

Thanks for the thoughts. I don't think it's the blades or windscreen as I clean them regularly and they usually work fine, it's only when they have gone up to full speed in heavy rain that this happens. I hadn't thought about changing sensitivity, I will try that next time.
Thanks again,
Stanno
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021