T5 stop start smoothness

The place to discuss everything else..
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Just wondered if any other T5 owners have noticed the stop start is not as smooth as the D4.
Tested the D4 very smooth unfortunately no petrol demos were available to test and certainly on mine there is a slight jolt / jerk when stop start kicks in on setting off. Will mention it to dealer at 3 month check.
T5 First edition Crystal White

johnbluerio

Post by johnbluerio »

we had nearly an hour of traffic on the A46 the other day with our T5 with the stop start working I thought at first it could be smoother but compared to a Merc oil burner its smooth. There will be a dynamic change when any starter system is operated and you want an instant start. Only done a few hundred miles so far but find it a very relaxing drive.
First Edition T5 20” wheels not just a 245bhp 4x4 ipad.
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Michaelxc40 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:36 am Just wondered if any other T5 owners have noticed the stop start is not as smooth as the D4.
Tested the D4 very smooth unfortunately no petrol demos were available to test and certainly on mine there is a slight jolt / jerk when stop start kicks in on setting off. Will mention it to dealer at 3 month check.
Out of interest, are you using the auto hold button as part of your stop start too as that can make it feel a tad less smooth compared to just stop start on its own. I've got nearly 1k miles on my T5 and find it as good as the Audi A4 previously which was very smooth.
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
Masergs

Post by Masergs »

I also find the stop start on the T5 not very smooth compared to other cars i have driven with this feature. Also find it slightly better without the auto hold on, about the only complaint i have about the car which so far i am very pleased with.