Volvo Service Promise

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Cevoli21 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:36 am I am curious as to what happens with the BEVs once they get past 4 years old. The service schedule is every two years. Will we only get one year of on call? Guess none have reached that stage yet. i realise that I will have to pay for the app subscription.
Probably you’ll get 2 years free app subscription if the car is serviced at Volvo and the price will be hidden in the overal service cost. It’s the way Volvo gives incentive to customers to return for scheduled service after warranty or/and service plans expire (plus the software update for old Sensus cars).

Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Our son still has his 1999 V70 serviced and repaired at a main dealer. Partly because of the On Call service but mostly because they are really keen to look after older cars and last year were charging pretty much the same as independent garages for labour..
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

ChrisLF wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:44 am Mark - it really does look from your extract, given that you're not on a service plan, that you should get it for free. Their statement is very misleading and as I said why list it if it's not free!

It's only small beer but it's the principle and no wonder manufacturers get a bad press sometimes. :(

I think they need help from the Plain English Campaign!
Exactly.

It's £40 so I'm not going to get too upset however I do think this is very misleading and it annoys me.

Indeed it's not the first time Volvo have "implied" something on their website and reneged in real life. When I ordered the car new 3 years back with memory seats, the brochure went into great lengths to explain how you could assign different keys to different memory seat positions and profiles then promptly shipped the car with just a single key and an orange safety key meaning I couldn't actually use that feature without spending even more money on a second key. It was only when I refused to accept delivery of the vehicle (and it spent a month in the dealers car park whilst they tried to persuade me I was wrong) did a second "real" key appear :)

My new car (when it eventually turns up) isn't a Volvo but I can't help thinking this is the future
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Cevoli21 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:58 am Our son still has his 1999 V70 serviced and repaired at a main dealer. Partly because of the On Call service but mostly because they are really keen to look after older cars and last year were charging pretty much the same as independent garages for labour..
Yes.

Over the years there have been various offerings from various manufacturers to persuade you to stay in the dealer network. I do recall at one point you would get the warranty renewed for another year if you had it main dealer services.

Plus some manufacturers have a 4+ service option where for cars older than 4 years old, they offer reduced rates.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
Bob

Post by Bob »

Last year, after my 4th service under a 5 year service plan I noticed my 'On Call' automatically renewed before I could pay it. I'm sure I paid for renewal the previous year.
I had the 5th and final service of the Service plan last week, so I'm just waiting to see if it auto-renews again.

Also, last year, I asked about the Vodaphone SIM and they provided one there and then. I asked this year only to be told they only give them out on new cars. I knew this wasn't the case previously, as last year it was listed as provided if you had the car serviced with them.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)