AAOS Google - How to Minimize Search Bar Size

For discussions on the Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Our MY2024 C40 has the AAOS Google Map screen that annoys my wife each time the map screen opens.

The Google Search field at the top corner of the screen always opens a box with unwanted destination suggestions, she always comments on this and manually minimises it.

The first photo below shows Googles suggested destinations of a Funeral Company & a Hardware Store.

I have been asked to change the Google Map Settings to always keep this search bar minimised.

The second photo shows the preferred Google search bar.

I have not been able to locate the wanted settings for this search bar. Is it possible to keep it minimised?

Suggestions a.jpg

Suggetions b.jpg

Cheers, Steve
Australian Spec MY2024 Volvo C40 Ultimate Twin Motor - 2.11 OTA
Mods: 6mm Spacer for Rear-view Camera; Bluetooth 12 Volt Battery Monitor; Kick to Open Disabled.

Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Is it linked to your or her google account? I have mine linked and the only suggestions it comes up with are recent destinations or saved favourites. Never had a random suggestion that I have never used before. You could try going into the linked google maps account, recent activity and turn off web and app activity. It might stop it happening. Apparently the suggestions are based on recent web and app activity.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Thanks Cevoli21,

we have followed your "recent activity" suggestions on our phones, and will see if the search bar stays minimised on the maps start up.

The AAOS must have have linked some recent funerals that my wife had navigated to in the car. Hopefully the Google AI is not able to predict future deaths yet.

If any one has other good AAOS tips or fixes please comment here.

Cheers, Steve
Australian Spec MY2024 Volvo C40 Ultimate Twin Motor - 2.11 OTA
Mods: 6mm Spacer for Rear-view Camera; Bluetooth 12 Volt Battery Monitor; Kick to Open Disabled.