What Next?

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

And there was me believing that the Agency Model would provide pricing transparency. "The price is the price"
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Exactly! I also believe there is a "non-loyalty bonus" for folks part-exing" cars other than Volvo. So much for loyalty! Can't remember what it's called though. Perhaps it's the same thing gripross is talking about?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I hired a 22 plate Kia Sportage last year for two periods of 10 days each whilst my XC40 was awaiting parts after someone ran into it.
The Kia was a nice car to drive, and good value for money, but compared to the XC40 the interior finish feels cheap and the seats are no where near as comfortable.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

Might just ‘hold fire’ on changing.

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I've had a number of VWG cars, I like the existing Tiguan, and was interested in seeing what the new model would be like. Mostly positive but a pity about the front, that lower grille is horrible. Pity that many manufacturers are still perpetuating these oversize grilles which are out of proportion to the rest of the car.

Thought about waiting but by the time it comes out, delivery time and probably no 0% available decided to stick with Volvo for the time being.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

We had a nice 2017 Tiguan before we purchased an XC40 - I liked it but the interior always felt a little utilitarian. My wife couldn't get on with the hard VAG seats hence moving over to Volvo.
I often look longingly at Tiguan's still now despite us now having an XC60, especially those in R-Line spec.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Having had three Passats on the trot I was at home in the Tiguan. Though I was spoiled by my Audi A6 Avant - best interior I've ever had.

Yes, the current R-Line are nice.

gripross

Post by gripross »

I agree that the Tiguan's do look nice on the outside....but i also think that VW never quite manage to nail the interior design.
Not sure why as being part of the VAG Group they have plenty of access to quality designers.... but you only need to take a look inside a brand new Golf GTI or similar top spec Golf and you will feel massively disappointed before you even sit in the drivers seat.. Volvo seats do take some beating and if you look inside any modern Volvo the seat design is in essence very similar....its a design that is proven to work over the years and i for one am glad that Volvo have stuck to that design as it is without doubt comfortable.
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

gripross wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:53 pm I agree that the Tiguan's do look nice on the outside....but i also think that VW never quite manage to nail the interior design.

Funnily enough, the WhatCar YouTube review is not impressed with the interior finish.
Not you reviewing the car is it?😀
gedger

Post by gedger »

I have a real problem with the direction most manufacturers are going now with huge screens and little or no binnacle. The inside of a new Tiguan for instance just doesn't work for a traditionalist like me...

2023-volkswagen-tiguan-dashboard.jpg

2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue