Weather app not available any more

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

For me, it works for a favorite place and not for "near the car". So I guess it must be a bug , hope volvo can fix it soon enough.

bengitoz

Post by bengitoz »

Volvo team still do not reply this case, I think, they are seaching what happened. The better way is changing the app old version. This is the simple solution :-).
bengitoz

Post by bengitoz »

Still waiting information.

I called My service how we fix this case. They informed that they need the car to service and they are going to report this issue.

Volvo is a smart car?
Not yet
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

I am taking the car for the yearly service tomorrow. I will report the issue, hope someone will listen to us.
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Unless you know the source of data for the weather app, results for the UK are unlikely to be much cop. Weather Apps (for whatever OS) DON'T do their own forecasts, because Meteorological models are incredibly expensive to run. The Model producers (UK Met Office is one, the most common is GFS from the US) "sell" their feed to app producers. GFS produces a model run every 3 hours, XC weather only buy a feed every 12 hours; they also don't buy the best resolution. So in the example of GFS that is a 25km x 25km square (625 square kilometers) and the "assumption" is that the 7 variables for that square (pressure, temp, wind direction, wind speed, precipitation, humidity are 6) are identical all across that square. Everyone knows that you can get rain one side of a street and not the other.

In summary, don't waste your time, use the UK Met Office phone app which can resolve down to 100m squares.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I used to be happy if my car started in the morning!
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

JFDIT wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:09 am I used to be happy if my car started in the morning!
Sorry, as a sailor for over 50 years, I'm passionate about weather and forecasting!
bengitoz

Post by bengitoz »

Hello Chris

Is there any good news from car service?
bengitoz

Post by bengitoz »

Hello

I take the car to Volcar in Izmir. They reset the device and downloaded the weather app. But we have still same problem. App can not get the information. Finally they sadi that we are going to wait new update.

What a car VOLVO
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

Just got the car after having to go 4 times to the volvo garage as they messed up the appointments...

They said its a known issue with the app and we need to wait for a fix.