New Tyres

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
StevO

Post by StevO »

JFDIT wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:57 pm I'd be interested to know how they perform in relation to your previous ones.
To confirm these tyres are the Michelin cross climate 2 for the Volvo in 18". Previously I had some Goodyear eagle F1 tryes at the front (which came with the car) and these are IMO quieter, offer better handling (less understear) and I was getting 43 mpg, now we are getting a good average 46 mpg. I will let you know how they perform when the mercury drops!!
StevO 8-)

[Prac] R-Design D3 FWD Manual in Bursting Blue
| Convenience, Winter Plus, Xenium Packs | BLIS |
| Intellisafe Plus | Keyless Start | Phone Integration |

[Fun] Mk7 Golf GTI PP in Tornado Red

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Thanks for the update. I put CC1s on my old Freelander and there was a massive improvement in Noise, Comfort and Handling over the original Goodyear Wranglers.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
StevO

Post by StevO »

eugen61 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:30 am My personal choice of tires is safety over convenience and savings. Multiple tests over the years have proven with objective data that Primacy 4 is a better and safer tire than CrossClimate in temperatures above 5C. But with mandatory 3MSF/winter tire rules in my geographical area I’m using CrossClimate from December till February and Primacy 4 from March till November.

If searching for new summer tires, Primacy 4 is no longer produced by Michelin and the new Primacy 4 Plus is not performing as well as its predecessor. Looking at the latest test data, the best performing summer tire in 2023 available in XC40 sizes seems to be the new Continental PremiumContact 7.
I have primary 4s on the back as they were practically new when I bought the car so they will stay until there have worn out and need replacing. The car is fwd so if the weather turns icey /snowy at least the driving wheels have the cross climates
StevO 8-)

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

StevO wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:32 pm
I have primary 4s on the back as they were practically new when I bought the car so they will stay until there have worn out and need replacing. The car is fwd so if the weather turns icey /snowy at least the driving wheels have the cross climates
CrossClimate on the front and Primacy on the back is not a safe option. You should drive your XC40 with 4 identical tires, except pure electric drivetrain that has staggered wheels.
StevO

Post by StevO »

I have just consulted the Volvo tyre safety manual and you are right I'll get them changed tomorrow.
StevO 8-)

StevO

Post by StevO »

In all seriousness when I bought the cross climates I didn't have the money to replace all 4 tyres, but "the summer" 🤔 is coming to an end and I will be getting the rears replaced in the next couple weeks. Thanks for reminding me eugen61 👍
StevO 8-)

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

New all season SUV tire test (published 08.09.2023): https://www.tyrereviews.com/Article/202 ... e-Test.htm