Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 494

percymon

Post by percymon »

Ordered my C40 Plus on 31/08/22 through company leasing agency, expected delivery was 31st May; actual delivery scheduled for 22nd June. So 9 months turned into almost 10.

Not sure how that is influenced by the allocation the Volvo delaer the lease agency use - they may have ordered on the Volvo website, or through the dealer; either way its arrived at a dealer for PDI and its the dealers schedule that i've been fitted into for delivery

smertlesxo

Post by smertlesxo »

Hey everyone. Ordered my XC40 Ultimate Dark B4 in Onyx Black on 14th June. I'm told it will be delivered within 6 weeks.
First time Volvo owner. I've been a loyal Skoda customer for 15 years. Currently have a Karoq Sportline. Unfortunately my local dealers didn't seem to want to retain me as a customer. Undervalued my car by £3k vs local vw dealer last year. Ordered a Tiguan R-Line a year ago and still no sign of it. With the new model coming at the end of the year I could have been delivered an old model as they release the new model so I cancelled my order. I'd have to wait 7+ months for another Karoq Sportline so I test drove an XC40 last week. Absolutely loved it so ordered one on the spot. Uppa Swedes!
Bekster

Post by Bekster »

I ordered my XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate, fljord blue, mid October 2022 (UK). It was scheduled to arrive in April. It arrived on 10 July 2023, but it is worth the wait
shubhT

Post by shubhT »

Hi,

I have ordered Volvo XC40 ultimate on 20th July from London, England. this is my first Volvo.
Dealer told me that the process is fully online and they don't have much control and I will be contacted by the Volvo support.

I got few emails regarding funds declaration and finance decision but didn't get a final confirmation of the order with a build or delivery date. There is no response on my emails from the support team.

At the time of order, website was showing delivery estimate of 2-3 months but I am not clear about the process here.

How much does it take to finalize a build slot? In my case it's been more than 1month. Is this normal?
How much time does it take to build?
When will I get my estimate delivery date?

Thanks for your inputs.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Hi

I hadn't heard anything either so asked via online chat with Volvo and they gave me the build date. There is a link for Track My Order amongst the "paperwork" emailed, so worth a try with that. I only came across it yesterday when looking for something else.

Volvo are as they say, in a transition period, since the change to agency, and still refer you to the dealer for many questions and they will be able to give you the build date. It's certainly not all online! Well not yet.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Communication is certainly improving. Had an email from Volvo a couple of days ago to say that production was beginning. There was a link to Track My Order which told me that production was now complete.

I think previously that the dealer provided this information.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.