What to drive next?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

John wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:49 pm Local Sainsbury E10 £1.37 Local BP Diesel £1.79 - diff 30% rounded down!!
You’re not comparing the same location. Next you’ll be comparing Aldi to Waitrose 🤦🏻‍♂️
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras

Deleted User 4296

Post by Deleted User 4296 »

It's because when you only use petrol you only compare that price, why would you look/ care what diesel was when you don't use it?? A friend uses diesel and moans all the time about the rip-off price and what they paid the other day. The post didn't get where the 30% difference came from, and obliged with an answer - yes, maybe I should have drove to Sainsbury's to obtain like-for-like price rather than knowing what a friend moaned they paid - especially on this forum when you just know the usual suspects will pounce with their derisory comments, but hey ho, it was just a courtesy reply to clarify where the 30% came from!!
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

You really are talking more and more nonsense! All you had to do was Google it. You soon pull others up if you think their facts aren't correct. :roll:

As of 16 January RAC are quoting that the average price of petrol was 148.73 and diesel 170.98 which I make 13%.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Deleted User 4296

Agree, I would perhaps comment against nonsense, but how is it nonsense when it was one's experience??? Average for BP diesel today seems to be at £1.77. Sainsbury's Bradford for E10 at £1.32 - sorry for not Googling a spot trading price at 17:49pm to make sure - but in all honesty, unless wishing to trade in the stuff, and as this is a forum to post individual experiences, knowledge and opinions - who actually cares enough, except perhaps the usual suspects who wish to offer derisory comments against anything other than their own views!!
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Give it a rest Oldie, this is all getting very tedious again!!!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Deleted User 4296

Give it a rest, you come at me but you don't like it back??? And not quite old just yet???
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Well, I'm off, my XC40 lease was taken off to auction. If you like the spec in my sig keep an eye out for it at a forecourt near you soon.

I would have liked to buy another one to replace it, but with basic safety features like BLIS currently only available on Ultimate trim (if it's not deleted without warning prior to delivery) and a massive cutting down on options, I just can't spec a car that I want any more.

Got a Qashqai due from the factory, with HUD, adaptive headlights, adaptive cruise etc, all for less than £32k thanks to the hefty discount from list I was able to find from the right dealer. I might pop back in month or two to say how it compares.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Good luck with the new car and let us know how you find it.