New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

That's good to hear. I don't drive mine hard enough to worry about torque steer!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.

gripross

Post by gripross »

Hi all...joined this forum couple of years ago but after being on regulary at first and when i ordered my last car in 2021 am now once again looking at a possible change. Currently in a xc40 Pro in crystal white with service pack. Have been more than happy but then out of the blue got a call ftom Volvo York to say i had popped up on their system re change of car. Still have just over 2 years left on my PCP and with the service pack hadnt even thought about a change. Anyway...got some figures and was pleasantly surprised that to move to a B4 Ultimate wasnt going to be too bad apart from.the luxury tax is a bitter pill to swallow for 40k + cars and the service pack isnt transferable. I loce the balck roof of the R Design and am dissapointed to see it no longer exists, but feel am being pushed towards the ultimate spec and am getting some extras i dont really need. Looked at Audi Vw Merc BMW alternatives but the Volvo cabin is in my opinion a better place to be. So whilst the ultimaye seems a no brainer ...why do i feel i am not really making the right choice?
Electric doesnt appeal at all as i dont believe the infrastructure to be there yet....I rarely go any major distance,,,but when i do i dont want to queue to charge the car. Dilemas eh?
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I feel like you as regards the R-Design but whilst I will miss the black roof and the other touches I was happy to find that the Plus spec. pretty much gives me everything I wanted.

Didn't want a pano roof (why do many manufacturers force this onto you with the top spec?) or 20" wheels on an SUV so the Ultimate was out for me.

I hesitated for sometime as I really like my existing car and it's low mileage but in the end decided to change because of its good residual value and a new car will take me 3 or 4 years further at which time I can reassess the situation as regards EV and other manufacturers. Nothing else fits the bill at the moment.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.