joining the XC40 club

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
tony4mikki

Post by tony4mikki »

Hi,

So i've been driving a i20N for the last year, fun little car but not very well built so after buying an e-bike for both the wife and i, i started to think about taking the bikes elsewhere and no chance of them fitting in the i20 so here i am about to buy a used XC40.

I've gone with a 2020 T3 auto in Thunder Grey its R-Design Pro which had a few extras, Pano roof & convenience pack.

i've done so much reading in the last few days i forgot i had a wife :D , already got mud flaps on order and just got a three sim for the wifi, the car was registered on the 22nd of june 2020 so is that an early or late model ?

i have thought about getting apple car play installed but might try the car satnav first, whats users thought on the car nav?

what sort of range do people get on a full tank of fuel on a T3 Auto ?

Tony

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

That's a late model like mine, in fact one of the last MY20s as MY21 deliveries began around June 2020.

MY20 was the sweet spot between Volvo fixing the niggles and progressively deleting and restricting spec to eek out more profit.

The SatNav is fine although the live traffic data is sometimes inaccurate.

I'm getting around 40mpg doing mixed driving, slightly less in winter, slightly more in summer. The range of a full tank will depend on what sort of driving you're doing.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Mine was delivered / registered June 20 and was one of the last diesels my dealership sold.
I had CarPlay and it was good - but (might / might not be a deal breaker for you), it only was the bottom half of the screen. Didn’t bother me, but the car sat nav map was obviously better as full screen and on dash.
I used the inbuilt satnav virtually all the time and with a SIM installed, was good and traffic for me was about door on.

I seem to remember reading you can have CarPlay installed as an added extra from dealer, so worthwhile if you want the functionality of it. Bluetooth streaming also worked well.
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

I use the built in nav 90% of the time and have no problems with it. Clear guidance and the traffic is OK, perhaps not the best but OK.
Drove into central London so used Google for that but the Volvo nav will get you where you want to be.
I use the Android auto for Spotify but you can just load the app onto the system and run it from there.

I think it's £300 to have it retrofitted.
MY21 T5 Recharge R Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the options. I have added mud flaps, floor and boot protection and Polestar, with 2 years service and warranty.