Weather App

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Leehunt1964

Post by Leehunt1964 »

Is anyone else having issues connecting to the Weather App ?

I noticed a few days ago that I wasn't connecting to the Weather App, the display just says connecting with the rotating circle, I've checked my internet connection on my SIM and it connects to other Apps and map updates, I've even uninstalled and re installed the Weather App, but still no joy

Be interested to know if anyone else has this issue or even knows of a fix..

lovelyvolvo

Post by lovelyvolvo »

Yes, same here. Seems to be something at their end, let's hope they sort it out for the summer :-)
Leehunt1964

Post by Leehunt1964 »

Thanks for your reply.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one, I also hoped/thought it was an issue at their end, but thought it was best put the question out there just in case it was only me with this issue.
Spider62

Post by Spider62 »

Yes I’ve just been out and have the same issue with the weather app.
R-Design Pro T4 Auto FWD Bursting blue. Intellisafe Pro, Active 4-C Chassis, Rear Park Assist Camera, Front Park Assist, Tempa Spare Wheel, Smartphone Intergration.
Silverdave

Post by Silverdave »

Hi I have the same problem with the weather app/ I have been trying every thing I can think of, For the last two days.
Thanks to this forum i now known others are having the same problems. Thanks to all for the info
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Unless you are confident of the source of the weather data the app uses they are quite often very inaccurate. Weather forecast models are very expensive and are generally funded by govenrments. Commercial apps will use one of these models and depending on which one it is, the relevance and accuracy in the UK may be limited. I am a bit of a Weathe geek as I'm a lifelong sailor and wind /weather forecasts are really important to me. Many of the "free" forecast apps, use the same source (US based GFS model). Even the BBC thses days is poor, as they recontracted their forecasts a few years ago and Meteo France won the contract. My empirical opinion is that the UK Met Office is very accurate. I can give chapter and verse as to why, but I'll stop here.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Larry is right, government funded weather forecasts tend to be the best. I find the Norwegian Meteorological Institute app YR to be the most accurate for continental Europe weather forecast. Yr.no app is available for iOS and Android, you might want to give it a try.
Leehunt1964

Post by Leehunt1964 »

I've just been out in my car and the App is now working ok..
aj05

Post by aj05 »

Hi is the weather app off line again or is it just me