Strange Rattling Noise above 100km

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Darles

Post by Darles »

Hello I am writing to you for a problem that drives me crazy.
I have a full optional xc40 d4 awd with sunroof
120,000 km.
I have a problem with a nuisance noise from the passenger side (right, I'm Italian so I drive on the left) I don't understand if it comes from above or below .. but I think from below.
Noise occurs only above 130kmh / 80mph, climate off, fins, closed roof and a little gas. I can describe the noise as if a flap of handkerchief was pulled out of the window and slammed against something or something similar to small pebbles flapping in the air. At the dealership we cleaned the car of any residue (at first I thought they were stones in the bodies) and checked all the moldings / screws of the underbody. Removed every pebble and object from the car. The noise continues. I tried to fix every single screw on the underbody and check every door rustle, nada. The noise is not that of the classic rainy roof and it does not happen only when it rains, indeed when it is dry. The only clue is that a few months ago I had something stuck underneath that made a very loud noise, after about ten km it disappeared. Do you have any ideas? This noise makes me go crazy