Awaiting delivery

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bob

Post by Bob »

I'm not sure about the option to be able to start the car with no one in it. isn't it illegal in the U.K. to leave a vehicle unattended with the engine running?
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)

wakey

Post by wakey »

Bob wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:35 pm I'm not sure about the option to be able to start the car with no one in it. isn't it illegal in the U.K. to leave a vehicle unattended with the engine running?

According to my dealer, the preheating is done without starting the engine. It uses electric to preheat for a max of 15mins (you can select less on the app). Also nifty to cool the car down in the summer 😎
Black (inside and out) XC40 First Edition D4, 20” Wheels and a dog grille :D Collection Saturday 7th April (ordered 6th January).
jim4244

Post by jim4244 »

The preheating, if it is anything like my RRS, is all part of the app on your phone that will give you information about the status of your car. Basically you are able to start you locked and alarmed car and set the temperature to be achieved, and all remotely from anywhere in the world.

Jim
jim4244

Post by jim4244 »

Bob, the offence is known as “Quiting a vehicle on a public road” lol

Jim
Whiterdesign

Post by Whiterdesign »

Just a note to the person earlier in the thread about VOC providing a wireless hotspot, it does but you have to add another SIM card with data allowance, people in the U.K. tend to be using 3 data sims which cost about £40 for 24GB which lasts 2 years.
VOC has a built in sim but this is only used for VOC actions. When you add another sim this gives to access to wireless hotspots, traffic data etc. VOC then uses this sim for its use as well. If you don’t want to buy an extra sim you can tether your phone to the car and use that for hotspot and applications data.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

wakey wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:17 pm Also nifty to cool the car down in the summer 😎
Now where was it I was told that it was better to first drive the car with windows open for a few minutes, before closing windows and engaging the a/c? ;)

Sounds like this app is going to be a bit of drain on the battery (in both summer and winter).
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18