Paint vs poop

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Perky

Post by Perky »

I regret not having PPF for the front when the car was delivered. I could have had the car collected from the dealer, paint corrected, and PPF for the bonnet, front bumper, front wings and side mirrors for £2500. I have now so many stone chips. The paint is soft and fragile, I sometimes wonder if they have used cheese in the mix.

I do a deep clean, decontaminate for tar, iron and tree sap, polish and wax once a year and about 3 washes the rest of the year. Dodo Juice Shinecraft Hybrid wax is amazing; one year on and the water still beads very nicely. The paint has also been OK with bird droppings, tree sap and cement water (multi-storey car park!). Dodo Juice was introduced to me by someone at work who used to work at a detailing workshop.
T4 AWD Oct 2019

WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Maybe too late if the paint has already wrinkled, but I have found making little soggy wet lumps of soft toilet paper and sticking them over the bird dropping softens it well after 30 or 40 minutes and it will then wash off without rubbing. Repeat if necessary.