Audi refugee pondering possible Spec losses after order

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
CheshireCat

Post by CheshireCat »

Hi all,

Thinking of jumping ship to the XC40 from a Q3 for many reasons plus very fed up of Audi order forever having spec changed without dealer saying a word….and we’re 8 months since order, 6 months still to build! Audi dealer customer service appalling.. Will to live gone so XC40, here we hopefully come.
But I’m seeing posts about BLIS going and coming back and going etc. and a Volvo dealer today confirmed XC40 would likely be first in firing line for losing spec like BLIS again from Ultimate models to protect more expensive cars up the range.
Sounds horribly familiar although at least Volvo build the cars!
What is the experience of others re changing specs after order? And what have the dealers been like?

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

These days, Tesla seems the only manufacturer able to deliver a car in 2-4 weeks from order in full spec as per contract. Jumping from Audi to Volvo won’t solve the problem described in your post.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Regrettably, I cancelled my order for a B4 Ultimate due to spec changes. I had reluctantly accepted no AWD and plastic steering wheel but when more stuff started to get deleted with no delivery date I jumped ship.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Buy used or go with a manufacturer who aren't useless is my advice. I'm jumping ship to Nissan, their UK factory plus sorting a chip supply means they can deliver cars in a reasonable time frame with the same spec as ordered, and they offer chip-heavy items such as blind spot monitoring, 360 cam and adaptive headlights as standard on most trim levels.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Look at the NIssan Qashqai. No spec changes and quick build even if not available from stock. Likely under £40k tax threshold too
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

Look at the NIssan Qashqai
Agreed. I looked at the Qashqai before buying my XC40 and was very impressed. I was also very impressed by the Hyundai Tucson; very nearly bought one. I sometimes wish I had. The spec was so much higher than anything Volvo had on offer. No chip shortages. If someone parks too close for you to open your door (happened to me twice this year) you can remote start from key fob and move the Tucson forward (or backward).
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
Grampa

Post by Grampa »

Like yourself I am a refugee from the AUDI Q3 for the reason you set out and a growing tendency for reliability issues.
Surprised and a little disappointed at the reduced spec of the car but very, very impressed with the overall performance on the road. IMHO it handles better, feels better and is far more enjoyable experience.
I also prefer the distinctive looks over the AUDI which is bland next to the VOLVO.