Park and Pay app

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

My MY20 car has this app which I have found to be very useful. A friend’s MY21 vehicle does not have it installed and I cannot find any way of getting it for her. Any comments?

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Err, yes, what's the app? a lot more information about the app you have please. Not aware the car comes with a park and pay app as there are so many for different car parks. My MY21 certainly doesn't have one installed.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Mine had it available, never used it, but it was there to upload (2020 car)
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

It's one of the apps at the bottom of the central screen along with Spotify, Weather, TuneIn and others. I've never used it to pay, but it shows car parks within a few miles of the car with their capacity, charges and other details. There is an option to set up a satnav route to take you there. But, as with most of these offerings, it is by no means perfect. In my locality, it misses one of the biggest and best car parks in a shopping mall! Useful in a strange town, though.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Ah, I think it's not a park and PAY app, but a park locating app. That's what threw me. It must have a name, I'll see if it's on my MY21.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Sorry, Felindre, but the app IS called Park and Pay. I have not explored how to use it to pay and I doubt whether it would be useful because I agree with your earlier comment that there are dozens of car park payment apps.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

OK, I'm quite happy to believe you, but it's not standard issue just checked my sensus, so you must have installed it from somewhere. Maybe if you find out which parking sites it covers as different parking companies have their own app. Unless it's from a third party company that acts as an broker for the actual parking contractors. Does the ap not have a settings or about or info section?

The only park and pay app I find online refers to parking zone number and citation which makes me think it's not UK
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Hi Felindre
Sorry to persist with this, but I did not download this app myself - it was there as one of the family of apps provided by Volvo (most of which have no interest for me). I think you will see how useful it is and what a pitty it does not seem to be available in more recent cars than mine.

Parking app 2.jpg

Parking app 1.jpg

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

That does look useful and a shame I haven't got it. Many's the time I've gone round looking for a car park.

Actually a google search gave me https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/to ... 5157dab939
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

From the website it looks like I should have it, but I don't.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior