2nd times the charm

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
dapaca

Post by dapaca »

Andy40 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:14 am I was similar, when I was ordering mine I was going to order the red, but thought it was similar to the red Mazda do, but was wrong and was disappointed with the colour, hence ordered the blue, which I really liked and no regrets at all 👍
I have to say, I really do like the Mazda Soul Red Metallic colour.
MY23 B4 Ultimate Dark in Thunder Grey.

AndyN

Post by AndyN »

After nearly a week of driving it, my wife has proclaimed it satisfactory and is quite impressed that the petrol engine has never started so it still has a full tank.

Her favourite bits are in her words the fancy cameras, the blue paint the sunroof and the big wheels.

Me I like it all it is by far the best car I have ever owned but then it's about 28k more than I have ever spent. Bring on summer so I can clean it.

Off up to the inlaws on Saturday 130 ish each way. Be interesting to see what the mpg figures come back like.
Going up we will start with a full charge but once there no charge available so the drive back will just leave it in hybrid and let it do its thing.
MY21 T5 Recharge R Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the options. I have added mud flaps, floor and boot protection and Polestar, with 2 years service and warranty.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

AndyN wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:10 pm

Off up to the inlaws on Saturday 130 ish each way. Be interesting to see what the mpg figures come back like.
Going up we will start with a full charge but once there no charge available so the drive back will just leave it in hybrid and let it do its thing.
Make sure you set the satnav up for the entire journey (there and back) before you set off. You will then find the car will arrive at the destination with about 50% charge left for the journey back and as you say, the hybrid system will then "do it's thing" to use ICE, electric or both as needed
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

m@rk wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:46 am
AndyN wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:10 pm

Make sure you set the satnav up for the entire journey (there and back) before you set off. You will then find the car will arrive at the destination with about 50% charge left for the journey back and as you say, the hybrid system will then "do it's thing" to use ICE, electric or both as needed
That's a good point to program both there and back in one trip then let the system figure it out.

I will do that thanks.
MY21 T5 Recharge R Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the options. I have added mud flaps, floor and boot protection and Polestar, with 2 years service and warranty.
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

Slight change of plans, as the father in law wanted to come out in it with some battery left and even with it set to hybrid and the satnav set it pretty much used all the battery in the first 18 miles.

So once on the motorway sat at an indicated 7* mph I set it to charge the battery up to 6miles range then set it to hold.

Drove the rest of the way just in hybrid with the battery held at 6 miles.

I am shocked at the economy. I'm getting much more than the previous T3.

Not going to complain at those numbers.

Screenshot_20230318_112441_Volvo Cars.jpg

Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
I normally send a destination to the car via the Volvo app so I haven’t really used the destination options in the car, I am due to collect a T4 plug in next month so I’m looking to input a return journey to make use of the battery over the whole journey where possible.
How do you set a return journey in the sensus navigation? Or if it’s too much of a write up can you point me in the right direction within the manual
Thanks
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

Not sure about the newer system, but with Sensus simply set your destination, let it work out the route, then, without clearing, use set destination again (using the return location), at which point, with an already active route, it will ask you if you want to add this second destination as a waypoint (which you do).

If this second spot is where, or close to, the departure point, (as happens if you use "Home") it may simply put that as the first waypoint (i.e. not plot a return journey). To correct this, use the "itinerary" editing function. Hit the further menus "dots" and go to itinerary. Then drag that (currently erroneous) first point down to be the second, exit the itinerary function using the "<", and it will route you to your destination and back as a single route, with the destination as an intermediate waypoint.
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
@ sherwood, thanks very much for that.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my