Manual seat adjustment

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
MrRilo

Post by MrRilo »

I am experiencing a strange thing. I have manual seats and sometimes feel like I am sat on the floor when I get in. I have to raise the seat height, its definitely lowering itself.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
T3 Manual
MY22 Momentum

RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Every now and again, I find that the driver's seat needs to be raised a little bit, but I put it down to, perhaps, accidentally pushing the height adjuster when entering or leaving the car. It's only a small amount, though. I'm very short so have the seat at its maximum height - which makes it obvious when it has dropped a little.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
MrRilo

Post by MrRilo »

RonFleet wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:20 pm Every now and again, I find that the driver's seat needs to be raised a little bit, but I put it down to, perhaps, accidentally pushing the height adjuster when entering or leaving the car. It's only a small amount, though. I'm very short so have the seat at its maximum height - which makes it obvious when it has dropped a little.
Thanks, my seat goes down quite a bit, it takes 4 or 5 pumps on the lever to get it back to the correct height. Did think about catching the lever, but think it's more than that.
T3 Manual
MY22 Momentum
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Had this too and the seat creaking - seat was removed during servicing, who knows what they did, but been OK since - think maybe its a known problem so talk to a Volvo dealer to sort?
MrRilo

Post by MrRilo »

Oldie wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:30 am Had this too and the seat creaking - seat was removed during servicing, who knows what they did, but been OK since - think maybe its a known problem so talk to a Volvo dealer to sort?
Thanks, I will
T3 Manual
MY22 Momentum