Help

For discussions on the Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
Joss

Post by Joss »

Hi can anyone tell me why I can't link my profile to my key my daughter often uses the car and she alters the mirrors and seat. I haven't got a profile set up for her, she just moves them. Next time I get in the car I can set the seats OK with the button on the door but I have to manually move the mirrors. Previously I had a T5 hybrid and never had a problem as soon as I opened the car everything started to set itself. Any advice appreciated. The car has the Google infotainment screen not Sensus.
2021 P8 recharge Sage Green

johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Is this an Orange key? If so it's not the same as the "real" key and cannot be added to a profile.
Joss

Post by Joss »

No it is the normal black key
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

There is an option within the profile settings, a tick box, that save automatically your settings, I didn't have this checked and any changes made were not being saved, might be worth checking that.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

That could be what's happening, and because she's using 'your' key the settings are being overwritten. Give her the orange key and see what happens.

Incidentally, originally they supplied 2 black keys you could save separate profiles, and the orange key which was guest and couldn't have a profile.
Then they started supplying a single black key, and the same restricted orange key.
Then they started supplying the black and orange keys but both fully functional that could both have profiles.

If you are in the middle group, you can have the orange key reprogrammed and then it can have its own profile.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Joss

Post by Joss »

Right. There doesn't seem to be a tick box in the profile settings on the p8 I can remember there being one on my old t5 so perhaps volvo in their wisdom have done away with it. Hopefully put it back in an update😡