XC40 Recharge delivery times

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
I can read that you are fed up with your situation cb42 but it’s not really the car’s fault (Volvo) for any actions the dealer may be involved in, if you can prove any of this you could approach Volvo customer services. A couple of observations, the delivery date of mid September for a car ordered in July was very optimistic on their part given the chip shortage and the fact that recharge vehicles almost certainly use more chips.
I also note that you sold your car in July so from a business point of view the dealer is not making much money from you especially if you managed to get a good deal out of them for your Xc40. However this is no excuse for any underhand business practices that you describe in you post, even though imo the dealer is able to sell a car for more money’ than you agreed.
My car on order a B4 r-design was ordered on 18th August with an estimated delivery of 15th December, spoke to the dealer last week and it could be a month early, now estimated to the dealer early to mid November the dealer said that Volvo were bringing some builds forward and pushing some back.
I managed to get a 9.7% discount through Carwow and I got a very good trade in because of the current supply situation so I know that the dealer made some money on the sale but I also know that he will make probably £2000 on my trade in.
Hope you get some better news soon.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my

lous21

Post by lous21 »

I ordered mine on 20th June with a delivery estimate of Mid-September. Dealer informed me that it would be end of September. Towards the end of September I contacted them to find out it was delayed until 29th October. Just recieved the call today to say it is currently on route from Zebrugge to Immingham and I could well have it on 26th! I only live in Hull so seems strange to know it will be just over the Humber Bridge tomorrow morning 🤣
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Just posted the below in the main delivery time thread, but am reposting here for completeness. Also an update on the complaint. Somebody from the executive office keeps promising to call me but never does - this has been going on for weeks. Whenever I call, I am assured that he will call me as soon he is out of his meeting. He seems to have a lot of meetings... Also received a response to a complaint from CbV which was riddled with factual errors - and of course failed to take responsibility for any failings. Really, really poor showing from Volvo all around on the customer service front. I am rather worried what might happen if there are any issues with the car, but am hoping that it will be as great as most people seem to think and I will only have to deal with the dealer for any servicing...

After inquiring with CbV, I received a separate e-mail saying that my Recharge Twin Pro is finally in production. I had last been told two weeks ago that production would start on the 9th and take up to a week. So it looks like it might be a week behind from that. And it is also behind the info I had a few weeks ago that the car would be with the dealer by 23 November. But great to get confirmation 5 months after ordering and having been given multiple delivery dates from November to March. The e-mail referred me to the app for further updates, but it is still showing March delivery. So much for the app which, according to CbV, is supposed to be our main source of info... Anyway, it looks like the end may finally be in sight. CbV told me that it could take the dealer up to 2 weeks to prepare the car, but the dealer has indicated they might be able to do it within 24 hours. So looks like delivery will be in early/mid December, depending upon how long it takes to get here from Ghent.
RichPWRR

Post by RichPWRR »

It sounds like i got off relatively lightly. I ordered my Twin Pro through CBV at the beginning of July. When i ordered it the sales guy anticipated 3 months delivery. I set up my volvo app and it then told me delivery would be in January. Because of all the talk of delays, i tended to check the app every week or so. about 6 weeks ago, it changed delivery from January to December. It then switched to car in production about 10 Nov but was still saying delivery in December. about 20th of November the app then said Delivery in progress and finally said that it arrived at the dealer on 25th. Because of the weekend and the fact I was getting private plates put on, I could not pick up the car until yesterday. So all in all it has arrived about a month quicker than I thought.

It is definitely worth the wait!. However, make sure you get a decent handover. The guy that did mine was utterly useless. So much so that during the handover I tried to do the foot swipe to open the tailgate and it didn't work. He then got down on all fours and looked under the bumper before saying. There is a chip shortage at the moment and it looks like they haven't fitted the sensor. Rather hacked off, i accepted that he knew what he was talking about. Having read some threads on here, I found out today that unlike other cars, sweeping your foot left and right doesn't work. You need a kicking action directly below the first V of Volvo on the tailgate. Out of curiosity i went out and gave that a try. Funnily enough, it worked. Turns out the sales guys was talking out of his @rse.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

RichPWRR wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:37 pm It sounds like i got off relatively lightly. I ordered my Twin Pro through CBV at the beginning of July. When i ordered it the sales guy anticipated 3 months delivery. I set up my volvo app and it then told me delivery would be in January. Because of all the talk of delays, i tended to check the app every week or so. about 6 weeks ago, it changed delivery from January to December. It then switched to car in production about 10 Nov but was still saying delivery in December. about 20th of November the app then said Delivery in progress and finally said that it arrived at the dealer on 25th. Because of the weekend and the fact I was getting private plates put on, I could not pick up the car until yesterday. So all in all it has arrived about a month quicker than I thought.

It is definitely worth the wait!. However, make sure you get a decent handover. The guy that did mine was utterly useless. So much so that during the handover I tried to do the foot swipe to open the tailgate and it didn't work. He then got down on all fours and looked under the bumper before saying. There is a chip shortage at the moment and it looks like they haven't fitted the sensor. Rather hacked off, i accepted that he knew what he was talking about. Having read some threads on here, I found out today that unlike other cars, sweeping your foot left and right doesn't work. You need a kicking action directly below the first V of Volvo on the tailgate. Out of curiosity i went out and gave that a try. Funnily enough, it worked. Turns out the sales guys was talking out of his @rse.
Strange that yours came through quicker than mine, but it took CbV 3 weeks to actually place my order with the factory after I initiated my order (I have asked why the delay but CbV refuses to tell me), so that could explain it. I called CbV a week ago and they told me it was still showing as in production. A couple of hours later I received the invoice, which indicated that it had finished production. I called back and found out it was actually at a port (they couldn't say which one) in the UK. So it had obviously finished production some time beforehand. Took a few days to consolidate the cash and get it to CbV (would have been handy if they had given me a heads up so I could start the process), which I did today. Last week they told me that the car would not be released from the port until my payment was received, but when I called today, they indicated that it was already in transit, so that was obviously not the case. Hoping to pick it up maybe later next week. Looking forward to it, but the last months have been hellish with the lack of communication from CbV and extraordinarily poor customer service response once I started raising questions. I have had no updates on my app. It is still showing queued for production with delivery in March. Completely useless.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Car is now at the dealer - waiting for contact from them. But also waiting for contact about the free insurance (i had provided all my info back in June but then nothing). Last week CbV told me the insurance company would be in contact a few days before handover. Still waiting...
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Volvos’s insurance is incompetent in my opinion. When I dealt with them for my pickup I was so concerned that the person on the phone didn’t have a clue that I made sure the call was recorded by them. I didn’t want to risk not being insured.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

@qrt31, Have you tried simply calling them? I did and received excellent service. I also called dealer to ensure pickup was timely.
Probably as quick as writing about it here.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

JFDIT wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:45 pm @qrt31, Have you tried simply calling them? I did and received excellent service. I also called dealer to ensure pickup was timely.
Probably as quick as writing about about here.
I will be calling the insurance people on Monday. Point is that communications promised by CbV frequently don't occur. Have already been in touch with the dealer to order a couple of accessories and arrange pick up next weekend.
jmw

Post by jmw »

Ordered XC40 Recharge twin Ultimate 30th December 21 via cbv.

Cbv emailed in May with a build date of 6/9/22.

Cbv emailed in June saying this is now 30/11/22 🫤
2023 XC40 Recharge Twin Ultimate