Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

jmw

Post by jmw »

Ordered XC40 Recharge twin Ultimate 30th December 21.

Cbv emailed in May with a build date of 6/9/22.

Cbv emailed yesterday saying this is now 30/11/22 🫤
2023 XC40 Recharge Twin Ultimate

Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

adokar wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:43 pm Dealer called me now and told me that they are building the vehicle 2 monts earlier.

I don’t know how thats possible for a brand new Volvo XC40. First they said delivery end of September. Now it seems end of july.

I will not complain, just wondering how it’s possible to get new car from order to delivery in 60 days time.
Be wary of early delivery, my new XC40 arrived 2 months early with the wrong specification (FWD, not AWD) and missing options. Rejected it on delivery and kept my current one…
Good luck!
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
adokar

Post by adokar »

Rifleman wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:04 am
adokar wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:43 pm Dealer called me now and told me that they are building the vehicle 2 monts earlier.

I don’t know how thats possible for a brand new Volvo XC40. First they said delivery end of September. Now it seems end of july.

I will not complain, just wondering how it’s possible to get new car from order to delivery in 60 days time.
Be wary of early delivery, my new XC40 arrived 2 months early with the wrong specification (FWD, not AWD) and missing options. Rejected it on delivery and kept my current one…
Good luck!

Good luck!

Hi,
I will of course check everything when car arrives.
Where do I see if it’s AWD or FWD (expect) the logo back of the car. Possible to see it on settings or?
Is there anything else I should be awere of?

Delivery now will be end of july probably.

Volvo XC40 B4 AWD (MY23)
Silver Dawn Metalic
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Take a look underneath and you'll see the propshaft and drive train to rear wheels on the AWD.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

adokar wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:07 am

Good luck!

Good luck!

Hi,
Where do I see if it’s AWD or FWD (expect) the logo back of the car. Possible to see it on settings or?

Volvo XC40 B4 AWD (MY23)
Silver Dawn Metalic
The salesman assured me it was all wheel drive as on the delivery documents he could see the FWD designation which to him stood for “Four Wheel Drive”🤦🏼‍♂️ Once I explained the difference between FWD and AWD he went off to the service department to confirm 😂
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
adokar

Post by adokar »

Rifleman wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:29 am
adokar wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:07 am

Good luck!

Good luck!

Hi,

Volvo XC40 B4 AWD (MY23)
Silver Dawn Metalic
The salesman assured me it was all wheel drive as on the delivery documents he could see the FWD designation which to him stood for “Four Wheel Drive”🤦🏼‍♂️ Once I explained the difference between FWD and AWD he went off to the service department to confirm 😂
Lol 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
Which XC40 vehicle did you buy, and how long did you wait from order to delivery?
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

I ordered a B4 AWD R-Design in October last year to replace my FE, quoted April delivery. It arrived beginning of February..
volvocar

Post by volvocar »

volvocar wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:59 pm I've been watching this thread feverishly since ordering our XC40 (thanks to everyone who has contributed) and so thought I'd share details about our order to help out anyone else trying to get an idea of things...

We first ordered an XC40 MY22 B4 R-Design back in November.

In January we heard Volvo had cancelled the order.

We were offered £1,000 as compensation from Volvo but told the MY23 models were more expensive. We had to renegotiate the price with the dealer which was a bit of a pain! (Not sure if the dealer pocketed a bit extra here as felt we initially had a decent discount but 🤷‍♂️). We ended up ordering a MY23 B4 Plus.

We've just been informed that it's estimated for delivery mid July.

Fingers crossed! 🤞
Just to say we picked it up yesterday 🙌

Lovely car and glad it's finally arrived!
adokar

Post by adokar »

My XC40 B4 my23 are about two-three weeks away.
Dealer sent me message today, it’s built and finished.
Now they are transporting it to my country.

I ordered the vehicle this year, May 29.
Christoph99

Post by Christoph99 »

23Paynter wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:15 pm Has anyone received a car lately?

Ordered a C40 on 4/3 and have been regularly reassured it will be with me by august and is still on track but the Volvo forums aren’t very active so I have no idea if anyone is actually receiving any c40/XC40 currently and what the lead time was?

The poll on this thread appears far too optimistic or dated
I'm surprised people aren't more active on here. Ordered an XC40 recharge FWD ultimate on 21 Jan 22, told delivery end July. Delivery has since been changed to October and I'm not happy. Trying to negotiate with dealer to take my current car early as part exchange and to lend me demonstrators or other cars until my new car is ready. Worked last time around - they bumped me up the production list. This time the delay could mean extra costs for me - servicing, tyres and official car inspection (MoT in UK, contrôle technique/autokeuring here in Belgium), running into nearly €2000, so I'm intending to pressure them into getting me a solution again.

BTW dealer explained delay as the result of chip shortages (OK, China) but also because of the war in Ukraine. Volvocars own press release (can't find it for now) contradicts this, saying they use very few components from Ukraine. Porkies somewhere?