Cracked front sunroof

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

I agree with you, more likely an impact - just odd that Noodles does not recall an impact and seems to suggest more of the same has happens in the US?

Noodles

Post by Noodles »

…possibly - but why do there seem to only be reports of these issues with the front section - no one seems to have cracked the rear.

Also - in common with the US reports - there is virtually no external damage. It’s stretching credibility somewhat to claim that these issues are all due to debris that mysteriously targets the front section only and does so little visible damage at the ‘impact’ site…
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

Hi Noodles. I'm not sure whether glass is covered by the warranty unless its a manufacturing, or design fault. You won't know until you ask at your dealership. Sometimes they'll go halves on things that are not covered. If you have evidence from other forums of this being a common problem it might be worth taking it up with Volvo UK.

I should imagine that a replacement panel won't be cheap, unless you can find one in a scrap yard. It may be cheaper to claim for a replacement panel through your insurance, or if its not too noticeable and not causing any problems, you could just live with it.

I've had a lot of vehicles with glass sunroofs and never had any problems.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
Noodles

Post by Noodles »

We do expect it to end up as an insurance job but will let our dealer take a look at it - they’ve been pretty reasonable with us so far.