A few questions on possible :- XC40 Plus B4 AWD mild hybrid

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
GJH0702

Post by GJH0702 »

Hi New to forum.
Looking to downsize from Land Rover Discovery Sport which is diesel and I am now doing mainly 'short journeys since retiring.
1)I have been looking online at the Volvo Subscription facility- and struggling to 'believe' the cost- looks too good to be true- Any one had problems? anything I should be aware of? ( been on PCP's for 20+ years)
2) In present car via the computer over past 4k miles my MPG has been 42mpg- welcome owners views of what MPG on Petrol B4 with auto + AWD would be in real world ?
Anything else I should be aware of re an XC40?
Huge thanks in advance.

Vellore

Post by Vellore »

Picked mine up on the 27th of May, just over a 1000 miles so far. It's the seven speed auto. The dashboard says 40 .5 mpg.
In reality, checking on miles between fill-ups it's just under 38 mpg
Vellore

Post by Vellore »

Sorry should have added the sat nav is dreadful
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

GJH0702 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:21 pm Hi New to forum.
Looking to downsize from Land Rover Discovery Sport which is diesel and I am now doing mainly 'short journeys since retiring.
1)I have been looking online at the Volvo Subscription facility- and struggling to 'believe' the cost- looks too good to be true- Any one had problems? anything I should be aware of? ( been on PCP's for 20+ years)
2) In present car via the computer over past 4k miles my MPG has been 42mpg- welcome owners views of what MPG on Petrol B4 with auto + AWD would be in real world ?
Anything else I should be aware of re an XC40?
Huge thanks in advance.
Worth having a look at the new Qashqai. Great mpg even with AWD. Much cheaper than XC40 and made in UK. Also comes with all the bells and whistles. XC40 s are good cars but very heavy and expensive in comparison with many others.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Krystof

Post by Krystof »

Vellore wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:52 pm Sorry should have added the sat nav is dreadful
Hi Vellore, which satnav do you have? The old Sensus one or the new built-in Google Maps? It'd be interesting to hear what is so dreadful about it compared to other systems you've used. Cheers, all the best
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

MPG on Petrol B4 with auto + AWD would be in real world ?
I have a 2WD B4 and the fuel consumption is really quite disappointing. 40-45mpg on long journeys, driving carefully in eco mode. Less than 30mpg on short journeys. I assume the AWD will be worse.

The XC40 is fairly quiet and comfortable, but there are cheaper alternatives out there with much better fuel consumption. A friend of mine has a Toyota hybrid and never gets less than 50mpg.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
hammo

Post by hammo »

I have been driving a B4 AWD for two years and covered 25000 miles.
I have covered a good mix of journeys, including a 4700 mile tour around Europe.
In general in get 34MPG on short local/mid journeys, and around 38MPG on motorways.
I have just driven from Swansea on mainly motorways covering 333 miles and the App has recorded 42.5mpg.

The XC40 has its issues and my experiences of Volvo workshops aftercare has been challenging and disappointing, but I have found the car to be very rewarding, extremely comfortable and easy to use once you adjust to the car.

Sat Nav.
I used Waze on my car for the first year as I could not get on with the Volvo satnav, but we found the Volvo satnav came into its own when we did our journey around Europe. The system is not perfect, the updating setup is far more complicated than it needs to be and it can be a bit slow on live updates, but it does the job…

All in all I think this is the best choice, you just have to accept the ‘Volvo way’ and you will love it.
XC40 B4P AWD Inscription, sunroof, winter pack, conv. pack, apple play, spare wheel, mud flaps.
Paint and interior protection, 5 years service option. SPARE KEY @£75 :( :( :(
Denim blue, automatic,
(arrived 14 Nov. 2020) 😉
:D
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Krystof, you will get the Sensus navigation, the only XC40 getting the android currently is the fully electric.

I too have the B4 AWD. It is heavy, and a 2 litre petrol, so consumption will never match your diesel. I came from a Tiguan diesel and accepted the mpg would be worse. Local journeys, yes around 30- 32. Longer journeys esp without frequent stopping much higher. My motorway runs not as high as reported but around 38 mpg driven 'spiritedly'.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Felindre wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:35 am Krystof, you will get the Sensus navigation, the only XC40 getting the android currently is the fully electric.
Starting with the facelift (new shaped headlights) all XC40’s (electric, hybrid and mild-hybrid) have Android Automotive. It might be that some pre-facelift orders from last year are still delivered in UK, those would have Sensus navigation.
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

Local journeys, yes around 30- 32.
Not wanting to steer this post too far towards another discussion on fuel consumption, but my 2WD B4 does nothing like these figures. I tend to use eco settings and don’t drive aggressively. The two short journeys I made this morning returned figures in the low 20s. It doesn’t seem logical that a AWD is more economical than a 2WD with the same engine. Perhaps I need a trip to the dealer to get my car checked.

911A928C-6B03-4CB0-96DC-715DC94DFBCF.jpeg

EBFA976F-D5EA-4857-905D-1D69307CFEBF.jpeg

MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.