Car doesnt start after accident

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
vossqe

Post by vossqe »

Hi Everyone,

Given an XC40 D3, 2019 (manual). HAd minor accident (front end damage). It was fixed - however car doesnt start since then, Key works, opens and closes the doors, etc but engine doesnt start at all. Cannot even hear the typical ticking noise when you try to start, like the engine was comopletelty cut off from the start button, absolutely nothing, Dasboard lights up as normal, just like te headlights, etc. Do you have any idea what it could be? Is there any "accident swith" or something that goes off to protect the car from fire in casde of an accident, or something similar?
Any suggestion is welcome! It drives me mad now :)

Also if there any professional support around Birmingham area that you would recommend, please do so.

Thank you

Exmpa

Post by Exmpa »

It is possible that the Safety Mode may have been activated:

Safety mode
Safety mode is a protective state that is triggered when a collision may have damaged any of the car's vital functions, such as the fuel lines, sensors for any of the safety systems, or the brake system.

It shouldn’t immobilise the car without displaying a warning, but who knows?

Sounds like a trip to a Volvo dealer.

Exmpa
vossqe

Post by vossqe »

Yes that's what I'm thinking as well. Volvo dealer is not very helpful, I took the car there (after booked in) with a trailer (which costed me a lot) and when they had a look they said this will take too long to investigate and they are too busy, can i take the car away. This is Volvo dealer :) Total joke to be honest.
vossqe

Post by vossqe »

There is a warning on the dash that the car is in limp mode, but it doesn't even start at all.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Complete shot in the dark, but I’m wondering if it’s worth disconnecting the battery for a while and then seeing if this manages to clear anything ??

Like I said, complete shot in the dark…
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Take it back to whoever did the accident repairs and ask them to fix the car properly?
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Jozsef_hu

Post by Jozsef_hu »

Something similar has already happened to my car. It is a plug-in hibrid. Stuck in an accident at an intersection, safe mode and parking brakes activated. Gear could not be shifted to P for start-up. Talked to a dealer for help to start up, at least to pull over. Never moved. I was told to call for a trailer. When trailer put the car down at the dealer, the car was willing to start normally. I am quite unsure about what happened during the ride, however, I am quite interested.
wasz

Post by wasz »

Did you get this going in the end? I have one in safety mode and wont start
Timmos

Post by Timmos »

Possible accident prefuse blown
Britva

Post by Britva »

How did you fix the problem?
please