Driving journal, Volvo app

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

My app has never shown the route, just start and finish. So I've just been going through the app settings and under the App Version (5.15.0) it has a Home Screen option to "switch back to previous design". If I click on that it informs me that if I switch back to previous design, I won't have access to the new design again until it is officially released.

Can any one enlighten me on what that's all about?
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

“Switch back to previous design” will show the app home page similar to the car’s central display with 4 widgets (parking climate, remote start, doors-locks, fuel range) and on top the map with the car’s location. The new design has a simplified app home page with the image of the car and icons.

Once you “Switch back to previous design” there’s no option in the app to switch to new design. “No more access to the new design until it is officially released” means you’ve been given early access to a beta feature. But you can actually get access again to the new design by deleting the app and reinstalling it.

BBE43090-1345-4F7F-B188-E165D2971407.jpeg

KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

eugen61 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:25 am “Switch back to previous design” will show the app home page similar to the car’s central display with 4 widgets (parking climate, remote start, doors-locks, fuel range) and on top the map with the car’s location. The new design has a simplified app home page with the image of the car and icons.

Once you “Switch back to previous design” there’s no option in the app to switch to new design. “No more access to the new design until it is officially released” means you’ve been given early access to a beta feature. But you can actually get access again to the new design by deleting the app and reinstalling it.

BBE43090-1345-4F7F-B188-E165D2971407.jpeg
Thank you.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
xbimmer

Post by xbimmer »

My app is now recording (at 15100 miles) that I have an average of 5.9mpg and 60mph. Suspect an error somewhere!
D4 R-design in black.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

It’s highly unlikely to have such a huge fuel consumption at 60mph average speed, so probably it’s an error in the app.

Driver display is showing two trip meters, TA and TM. In the app, performance data for average fuel consumption and average speed is calculated from TM. Is the app showing you 15100 miles for Odometer or TM? If you see 15100 miles for Odometer I would suspect an automatic TM data reset at 15000 miles. Or maybe you inadvertently did a TM data reset by long pressing the RESET button on the left-hand stalk switch.
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Check your units! I had this and the settings on the app were miles per LITRE (although the display says MPG)
xbimmer

Post by xbimmer »

Not done any reset and its the odometer reading 15100 on the app. According to the in car display my average mpg is 46.7 since last reset (which I think was around 2000 miles). Just returned from a long run to Cornwall and it was showing 53mpg which is pretty decent.
D4 R-design in black.
Involvoed

Post by Involvoed »

My journeys from 1st June, which had never previously shown on the log, miraculously appeared this morning. They weren't there when I last looked, on Wednesday (8th June). I assume that Volvo have belatedly restored the missing data on their server.
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

xbimmer wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:45 am Not done any reset and its the odometer reading 15100 on the app. According to the in car display my average mpg is 46.7 since last reset (which I think was around 2000 miles). Just returned from a long run to Cornwall and it was showing 53mpg which is pretty decent.
When the app updates, it looks at your phone's location, and chooses "UK" - which is Miles MPH and LITRES! Switch to Imperial... Or leave it as is and carry on complaining.