Brake Fluid Change

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I put mine in for the 2-year service today and decided to get the brake fluid done as well.

I was surprised to be told that the brake fluid change is included in the service plan, so I didn't have to pay for it.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel

Metroman

Post by Metroman »

I had had mine done last week and it definitely wasn't part of the plan. 5yr Volvo service plan purchased with car in June 2020. I'd be interested if you have something similar but it is listed as an additional item on the Volvo website. £70 to change as well which is criminal!
XC40 D3 Inscription Pro Auto in Denim Blue with Convenience, Xenium and Intellisafe pro packs plus smartphone integration , tinted rear windows and spare wheel.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I have a three-year service plan bought in 2020 with the car. On the dealer's website when I booked a service it was listed as a separate item - £85. However when I dropped it off they said it was included anyway, and I've just picked it up and didn't have to pay a penny.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Metroman

Post by Metroman »

I've had the same situation previously with Citroen, as someone pointed out earlier on its been seized upon by manufacturers and some dealers that are keen to upsell , unfortunately my nearest dealer is definitely one of those. :(
XC40 D3 Inscription Pro Auto in Denim Blue with Convenience, Xenium and Intellisafe pro packs plus smartphone integration , tinted rear windows and spare wheel.
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

As said before - Its my understanding Dot4 brake fluid needs changing every 4-years but needs checking every year from year-2 for moisture content - if no moisture is present then no need to change the fluid until its 4th year - yet many dealers say we must change it after 2-years without checking for moisture content first, and we all know why :(
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

Metroman wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:26 pm I had had mine done last week and it definitely wasn't part of the plan. 5yr Volvo service plan purchased with car in June 2020. I'd be interested if you have something similar but it is listed as an additional item on the Volvo website. £70 to change as well which is criminal!
My wife was quoted £190 by a Mini dealership for a brake fluid change last year. Makes £70 look like a bargain.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

My service plan says under what's covered : "All elements of the Volvo Cars Service Schedule are covered". Under what's not covered it says : "The replacement of brake fluid, AdBlue and coolant is excluded".
Stanno
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Stanno wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:40 pm My service plan says under what's covered : "All elements of the Volvo Cars Service Schedule are covered". Under what's not covered it says : "The replacement of brake fluid, AdBlue and coolant is excluded".
Stanno
Just checked mine and it says the same.

Maybe I got lucky but the guy on the dealership service desk didn't hesitate when saying it was included, both before and after it was done. He wasn't some temp because I nearly bought a V40 from him four years ago.