NO EXHAUST TIPS SOLUTION - MY2022

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Oldie wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:58 pm @ Chris John - oh not you again :lol: @mcs - of course its your property and of course its your car do with it as you wish - and should anyone care what you do - NO :roll: , but I guess you still expect your insurance and warranty cover to be unaffected, so just pointing out that in my experience they can both take a dim view of modifications, especially insurance if they are not notified - as for the exposed tail-pipes, and again great neat job, but (and its only an opinion), looked better without the mod ;)
Yawn 🥱
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras

Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

@Felindre - and don't forget warranty - if the exhaust fails, or engine/ management or emissions go a little off - wonder if dealers will say - "don't worry Sir, even though you have hacked off the end of "your" exhaust system, we will put things right for you at our cost" :roll: - remember exhausts do much more these days than of old with lambda sensors, catalytic converters and now particulate filters, and although many may say, the end of the exhaust does not matter - bet it somehow does when it come to any warranty claim :o - oh and sorry to all if my posts come across a little forthright, afraid it comes from many years within a certain organisation that required a no nonsense approach;)
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

@ Chris John - missed you and your funny comments, glad your back :lol:
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

In my career in UK motor underwriting I wouldn't have dreamt of loading a policy for cosmetic additions, not affecting performance - especially using OEM parts - and I'm sure the FSO would have taken a dim view of an insurer trying it on. But this is the Dutch market, in 2022, so who knows.

I sourced an OEM R Design badge for mine, and stuck it on.

Best disclose it. It's not as if life's too short or anything 🫣
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Great job, BTW 👍🏻
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21