Mpg display

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

KeithR56 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:23 pm I would also like to display real time MPG (I can get the average from the app). I haven’t been able to access the sub-menu in the past, but I’ve Just found that that button only works when the ignition is on, but the engine is off.

I’ve toggled through the options, but can’t see real time MPG. I can only choose between average MPG for either of the trip counters (TA / TM), GPM, or neither.

On my last Volvo (XC60) I could toggle between average MPG and RT MPG whilst driving by pressing a button on the indicator stalk.
It’ll work with engine running - I was adjusting mine on Friday on way home.

Real time MPG is there on mine - you’ve got to scroll quite a way down and I’ve an option to display 3 types (this is nearly at the bottom of the list on mine)

KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

Definitely doesn’t bring up the sub-menu on mine with the engine running. And definitely doesn’t have an option for real time MPG even when I scroll all the way down. Strange that different spec cars from different years appear to have different software installed.

I won’t lose any sleep over it; I’m just trying to understand what options are available so I can set my car up the way I prefer it.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

KeithR56 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:41 am Definitely doesn’t bring up the sub-menu on mine with the engine running. And definitely doesn’t have an option for real time MPG even when I scroll all the way down. Strange that different spec cars from different years appear to have different software installed.

I won’t lose any sleep over it; I’m just trying to understand what options are available so I can set my car up the way I prefer it.
Does your car have Android Automotive? It might explain why you don’t see real time MPG as we do on our Sensus software displays.
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

As per the thread here:

viewtopic.php?t=1687

I can't access an instantaneous MPG figure, but can choose to display an "instantaneous" GPH figure (one assumes Gallons per Hour), through the trip-computer settings.
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Sherwood wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:45 am As per the thread here:

viewtopic.php?t=1687

I can't access an instantaneous MPG figure, but can choose to display an "instantaneous" GPH figure (one assumes Gallons per Hour), through the trip-computer settings.
On my car, for the instantaneous display I see gph after starting the car and remaining stationary. Once I move off then the display changes to show mpg…
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

Rifleman wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:21 am
On my car, for the instantaneous display I see gph after starting the car and remaining stationary. Once I move off then the display changes to show mpg…

...and that might well be the case on mine. :| It isn't something I choose to display, so haven't tested it other than whilst stationary (blipping the throttle to change the value)
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

My XC40 is a MY22 Inscription, but was built around October 2021 so it doesn’t have Android software.

After reading the latest posts, I’ve just been out to my car to have another play:
Engine running (whether stationery, or driving) the button on steering wheel doesn’t bring up the sub menu.
Engine off, but ignition on, pressing the button brings up the sub menu, including GPH but no real time MPG

I selected GPH. It now shows GPH when stationery, but changes to MPG when I drive off and changes back to GPH whenever I stop. A bit weird, but I’m happy to have it sorted. Thanks for all the advice.

I find real time MPG useful when cruising on longer journeys to see how my speed and driving mode affects fuel usage. I’m not obsessed with fuel consumption, I just like to know how my car’s performing.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Interesting as I also checked this whilst driving yesterday. The list does come up whilst driving, and right at the bottom is just the letters 'mpg' all lower case, just above 'neither' for the RH trip display options. Selecting this gives me instantaneous MPG in the right trip display.

Mine's a '21 model.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21