2.0 Update

For discussions on the Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Cevoli21 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:52 pm The update has appeared. So far it does not seem to have done much. There is a version of Amazon Music but it does not seem to offer much choice or a search function. Spotify will remain the go to option. There are some new internet radio apps which i really dont need. The phone app looks just the same as always. Everything else looks the same as before. Maybe something will become apparent with use. The phone app connects to the car without any difficulty but no new features.
Is Waze part of the system apps or it can be added as OTA download from Google Play?

Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

eugen61 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:53 pm
Cevoli21 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:52 pm The update has appeared. So far it does not seem to have done much. There is a version of Amazon Music but it does not seem to offer much choice or a search function. Spotify will remain the go to option. There are some new internet radio apps which i really dont need. The phone app looks just the same as always. Everything else looks the same as before. Maybe something will become apparent with use. The phone app connects to the car without any difficulty but no new features.
Is Waze part of the system apps or it can be added as OTA download from Google Play?
The only navigation option on the android system is the inbuilt google maps. It works very well. The system also has wireless android auto so Waze may be available that way. I have an iPhone and CarPlay is currently not supported on the android system so I dont know if Waze can be obtained wirelessly via the phone. Wireless CarPlay has been promised as an over the air upgrade for many months but so far nothing has materialised.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

After having been for a decent drive today there are some small changes to report. The system now recognises the National speed limit sign (white circle with a black diagonal) and the speed limit warnings seem more accurate. Still not 100% but definitely better than before. Thats about it so far
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Cevoli21 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:43 pm After having been for a decent drive today there are some small changes to report. The system now recognises the National speed limit sign (white circle with a black diagonal) and the speed limit warnings seem more accurate. Still not 100% but definitely better than before. Thats about it so far
Are you are experiencing any change in Pilot Assist behavior? Does the car provide now a clear warning when Pilot Assist is disengaging on its own and handing over the driver assistance system to the driver? Polestar 2 received a Pilot Assist update containing improved Unresponsive Driver Intervention and I was wondering if this was included in the 2.0 update for Volvo.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Cant say that I have noticed anything different
BrianT58

Post by BrianT58 »

Cevoli21 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:18 pm I am now back home. No sign of an update. System is running Version 1.10 and claims its up to date although the online manual says the latest version is 2.0. I can only assume the updates are not rolled out to everyone at once.
I must be a bit thick I can't find what version mine is running anywhere :? where are you seeing the system version?
Regards Brian
MY2024 XC-40 Ultimate B4
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Its in the system settings somewhere. Not in UK at present so not able to check exactly. Apparently it should now be on 2.1 which allegedly should fix one of my issues. When I change to charge parameters, for example from 80-100% maximum charge, it functions to the old setting despite the screen showing the new settings. It will notify you when an update is waiting.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

The one thing I noticed with 2.0 is that I get warnings that I am about to run into something (particularly in stretches of road which are a bit tight with cars and you have to twist and turn, facing a car on the side of the road before turning away from it). Scared the heck out of me the first time I heard it, and still annoying the other 3-4 times it has happened. Maybe a bit of miscalibration - unless my driving has gotten worse...

I see that 2.1 should be available imminently. On the US forum you can see pictures of what they have done to the driver's display - not an improvement IMHO. Unfortunately no CarPlay, but there is supposed to be an improvement in the heating/aircon. I hope so - I have found it is too aggressive in cooling down the car.