NO EXHAUST TIPS SOLUTION - MY2022

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Valkyre

Post by Valkyre »

Hello guys new member here and nice to meet you all!

I love my B4 MY 2022 in just about everything, apart from the masked exhaust in the rear. Everytime i see an “old” MY 2020 with those exhaust tips, i wished i had the same in mine.

So, without further ado, can anyone please advise if there is an option to put the old bumper with the exhaust tips? Does it fit? Even if it doesnt are there any other solutions? I am even willing to fit fake exhaust tips instead of none at all…

I will highly appreciate feedback on this.

Thank you :)

Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Think you can buy a kit that will convert it, an believe someone else on this forum has also done it - just remember, you will need to let your insurance know of any conversion and probably re-fit the original one back when you come to sell it on? For me, I like the clean lines without them, but understand why many still like to see them 8-) - just can't abide the fake ones, and why, because they are fake and everyone can see they are :oops:
goldy

Post by goldy »

I agree with the OP, exhaust tips look much better.
I'm assuming off his name that he's a biker or X biker and bikers have a 'thing' about exhausts. I do 😁
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.
PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

I don't really have a preference either way as it's only an appearance thing and doesn't make any difference performance wise. I agree with Oldie about the look of false ones.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi and welcome.
If you have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

As well as changing the bumper I'm guessing that the exhaust pipes would have to be modified as well as often they are turned downwards when there aren't any outlets?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

The exhaust system from the middle of the car to the back is one piece and is different, as is the lower bumper of course. If I wanted to do it (and I don't!) I would look for used parts from a breaker.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
mcs

Post by mcs »

I got front and rear bumper complete with exhaust tips and diffuser for only €250,= on ebay.
There are 2 pieces exhaust pipes available original volvo parts , some models have these bolted on to the rear mufler , so you can cut of the pipes that go down. And slide on the part and fasten the clamp,
Forgive me my english i, am, from holland.
Gr, john
mcs

Post by mcs »

Part nr 18

images.png

Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Goedenavond John

Your English is a zillion times better than my Dutch.

Look forward to seeing the before and after pics.

Good luck with your project 👍🏻
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21