Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

Girs76

Post by Girs76 »

I’m sure it’ll have been worth the wait.

BrianLion

Post by BrianLion »

Took delivery yesterday at noon and the rain had thankfully eased off for a thorough run through of the features of the car. Yes!... definitely worth the wait and I am looking forward to many pleasurable hours of driving. Everything feels solid, purposeful and very comfortable. The adjustments available on the driver's seat mean that, together with those of the steering wheel, I can have a fully customised seating position better than I have experienced on any other car.
So far I have spent most of my time getting to know and setting up the features on the digital display with the navigation around the different sections being... not overly intuitive but, hey, I finally "mastered" my Sony camera menus so this one should be simpler to get on top of!
One design negative I came across this morning: I opened the rear door and rain water, which had collected on top of the door, ran off and dripped on the interior.

For anyone needing to sell their existing car I can highly recommend Cazoo: compared to others which I tried, their valuation was the best by some way and the process was simple, efficient and the money was in my bank account before they drove away.

XC40 Inscription T3 Auto Denim Blue with Blonde trim
Ordered 7th July 2021
Delivered 6th April 2022
T3 Inscription Auto fwd, Denim Blue, Blonde interior
Ordered 07.07.2021
Delivered 06.04.2022
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Picked up my T5 inscription pro this afternoon. 7 months from order to collection. I have a big grin on my face. Has anyone had the Volvo approved dash cam fitted, currently @£280 fitted, is that a good price?
Girs76

Post by Girs76 »

Pick mine up Saturday. Was ordered 1st September.
Chrisd74

Post by Chrisd74 »

I now have a confirmed build date for XC40 recharge single motor. Ordered end of December with an estimated lead time of 8-9 months.

Build date is now confirmed as 31/5/22 with an estimated delivery date of 4-18 june.

The ironic bit is that because I’m coming off a fixed company lease in October I actually wanted the 8 month lead time! But I’m sure I can sort something with my lease company.
Clark34

Post by Clark34 »

Have just been informed that my T5 inscription plus hybrid, ordered 3rd November for delivery 18th April will not now be built. Not happy.
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

That is a bit late in the proceedings to cancel, you’d think. Have they given you an alternative considering you’ll be back to the beginning of a long wait. Gutted for you.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
volvocar

Post by volvocar »

I've been watching this thread feverishly since ordering our XC40 (thanks to everyone who has contributed) and so thought I'd share details about our order to help out anyone else trying to get an idea of things...

We first ordered an XC40 MY22 B4 R-Design back in November.

In January we heard Volvo had cancelled the order.

We were offered £1,000 as compensation from Volvo but told the MY23 models were more expensive. We had to renegotiate the price with the dealer which was a bit of a pain! (Not sure if the dealer pocketed a bit extra here as felt we initially had a decent discount but 🤷‍♂️). We ended up ordering a MY23 B4 Plus.

We've just been informed that it's estimated for delivery mid July.

Fingers crossed! 🤞
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Definitely a win as far as spec goes but a longer wait to get it.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
KP5

Post by KP5 »

Ordered January 2022 via NHS Lease Scheme with Delivery stated as 01/08/22 @ Dealership which works out just under 7mnths - went for base spec (Core) for the recharge single motor. Hoping I won’t see significant delays - went for the Electric XC40 due to the BIK, which made sense for the cheaper monthly payments (plus the savings vs current diesel car). This will be my first Volvo - very excited!
Ordered January 2022;
XC40 Recharge Core Electric 170kW - Black Stone