Morning

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Just thought it was about time I logged in and said hello :D

Owned my XC40 a while now and enjoying it, complete change from my previous BMW 4 series and other than missing the wonderful 6 pot engine that had, the Volvo is very nice and easier on my back as well…

Been lurking and reading for a good while, some very good posts and topics…

Anyway, hopefully I can add something…

Cheers

Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Hey up Andy 👍🏻

I'm a back sufferer too 😬

What XC40 variant do you have?
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Mikeg1 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:52 am Hey up Andy 👍🏻

I'm a back sufferer too 😬

What XC40 variant do you have?
Hi Mike 👍🏻

Got a D3 R-Design, auto (with paddles) in bursting blue. Looks nice with the black roof. Nicely loaded up with options.

Finding it much easier to get in and out of, especially at work in car park. Airedale’s car park spaces are on the right side…

Just need to get a new SIM card and all be good - tried tethering phone, but keep forgetting to open hotspot up on phone, if I’ve got it connected for CarPlay….

How you finding yours ??
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Airedale? I had the old camera-up-the-jacksie there. Parking was the least of my worries 😂

Came to our first Volvo after 2 Yetis and a Karoq, all DSG. Last had paddles. Used em once and never bothered again. Really fancied a change. Went in to Clive Brook Bradford in November worrying about tying in the Karoq going back with wait times on Volvo.

Long story short, they offered us a great deal on the Skoda there and then and we had our new XC40 a fortnight later.

As it was already on the line our options were "take it or leave it" - but we did add Smartphone Integration. Cable connection on Android but at least the phone gets charged. Wireless CP/AA really comes into its own with a wireless charging pad. Use Waze a lot for longer runs. We're off to the Loire Valley in July.

After 4 months still get a kick out of the car. How Sensus handled my tunes on USB drive me mad at first, but with help here I got my compilations set up in playlists, and for ripped CDs I use voice. For a right handed doddery old git like me reaching to a touchscreen on the left isn't ideal.

After the first year with free Vodaphone, nobody renews, and most go for the 3 one instead. Works right off, no set up, no futzing around with accounts (unless you want to). Got mine on a deal for £30something.

Overall, very happy with the car.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Cheers Mike 👍🏻

Very informative, cheers.

Yes keeping my eye open to grab one of the 3 SIM cards if / when it comes on offer - lots of helpful posts on here recommending it…

I’ve mastered (I think) the USB music - transferring from Mac and it shows album art okay.

Cheers
A