Missing panel behind glovebox

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Probably made from that scarce commodity; recycled fishing nets.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

goldy

Post by goldy »

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Like the deleted under bonnet felt, this missing panel, and whatever else may be missing from post 2020 builds, is in my view the difference between quality and function.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Perhaps when my 3-year lease ends next year, and I return my MY20 car, I should put all these deleted parts on eBay. Apparently they weren't written down anywhere in the original customer specification so they won't be able to prove whether they were present at delivery. And according to them these parts must be unnecessary and unimportant, so why shouldn't I flog them to new owners who put a greater value on them? :twisted:
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Just consider how much longer we would have to wait for a new car if they did fit these parts! Perhaps they are running out of things to recycle. ๐Ÿ˜‰
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

jamie307 wrote: โ†‘Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:18 am Perhaps when my 3-year lease ends next year, and I return my MY20 car, I should put all these deleted parts on eBay. Apparently they weren't written down anywhere in the original customer specification so they won't be able to prove whether they were present at delivery. And according to them these parts must be unnecessary and unimportant, so why shouldn't I flog them to new owners who put a greater value on them? :twisted:
Inside rubber mats, boot mat, and underbonnet pad I bought and paid for, so if there's still demand I'll re-sell them.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Krystof

Post by Krystof »

It seems that the newer versions already have the special Weight Saving Pack fitted as standard (for sportier performance...) ;)
Moss

Post by Moss »

Over the years, with everything thatโ€™s missing and/or unavailable, it looks like what was European Car of the Year 2018 has become an incomplete and kinda fake copy of itself, be it more expensive than the original. In French, compared to ethical marketing, we call this une arnaque. A scam.
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

:lol: Agree with Krystof - and its free, which bucks Volvo's new trend ;)
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

My early 21 plate is the same missing this panel behind the glove box, but I do have the under bonnet felt/ sound deadening that it seems is missing on a lot of post 21s
MY21 T5 Recharge R Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the options. I have added mud flaps, floor and boot protection and Polestar, with 2 years service and warranty.