XC40 no 360 camera fitted

The place to discuss everything else..
kevinb

Post by kevinb »

Hi all,

Having ordered my new XC40 like everyone else long ago I received it in December, much to my delight. I asked for the 360 degree camera to be fitted but unfortunately it wasn't although order confirmation showed it as an extra and payment had been made. I am now in discussion with the dealership about how to rectify this but unfortunately none of the options given address the issue of fitting the 360 camera unless I spend an extra £10,000 on a new Ultimate specification vehicle, due to the introduction of new models

Has anyone experienced such a similar issue and how was it resolved?

Thank you

Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

kevinb wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:24 pm Hi all,

Having ordered my new XC40 like everyone else long ago I received it in December, much to my delight. I asked for the 360 degree camera to be fitted but unfortunately it wasn't although order confirmation showed it as an extra and payment had been made. I am now in discussion with the dealership about how to rectify this but unfortunately none of the options given address the issue of fitting the 360 camera unless I spend an extra £10,000 on a new Ultimate specification vehicle, due to the introduction of new models

Has anyone experienced such a similar issue and how was it resolved?

Thank you
Have a look at my thread entitled "Wrong interior". They really do not seem to be interested in resolving their mistakes to the satisfaction of the customer. Like you I am still in discussion , or not in discussion as the promised calls have not materialised. Good luck.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

It's because I didn't fancy getting a Covid car I decided to go the Subscription route until things normalise. Glad I did now!
Good luck sorting your issues. I watch with interest.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Dudhin

Post by Dudhin »

I'm in the similar situation. I have ordered my XC40 in 2021 with paid extras for 360 degree camera and got it delivered on 2022. Dealership confirmed that they have placed an order for 360 camera to be fitted but when I got it delivered it wasn't on the list, it was so disappointing and frustrating on the day of delivery. It sounds like a factory issue and haven't heard anything from Volvo yet.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

It's been well documented for months and months that 360 cameras are not available on the XC40. Dealers have a great deal to answer for if they are taking customers' money.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
You are possibly right blastpipe, but if an option is not available the dealer would surely not be able tick the box and include the cost of the option in the final invoice. Imo the option has been left available in some cases in the hope that the chip supply would improve and the car would be built to the customer spec.

When the car comes to be built ,if Volvo have insufficient parts to include the 360 camera , they simply omit it and leave the dealer to pick up the pieces from disgruntled customers.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Chelsea11

Post by Chelsea11 »

Sorry to hear about missing 360 camera! Have they added a rear view camera instead or is the car camera-less?

My XC40 is due to be delivered in a few weeks - I'm not getting my hopes up that the 360 camera will be included now :(
Macachia

Post by Macachia »

We ordered a xc40 recharge t5 with 360cam early November with delivery date of 20th June

I hope we get the 360 or at least get the rear view camera
On order 03/2021, delivery September to December 2022
XC-40 Recharge Twin Ultimate in fjord blue
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

I presume they are refunding the extra you paid for the 360 camera at order…

There does seem to be a lot (and not just Volvo) of people that cars they ordered and specked are not now being built like the order, due to shortages…

Whilst it is potentially understandable, the apparent lack of communication to the customer is not and extremely poor…
andermtc

Post by andermtc »

I collected a pre-built T5 Hybrid 2 weeks ago, ordered 3 weeks earlier on CBV and it came with the 360 camera so they are available.