P8 free servicing?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
drkash

Post by drkash »

Do you know if you definitely get free servicing for 3 years when purchasing the pure electric P8?

Also has anyone bought the car cash (without volvo care subscription) and still got the 3yr servicing?

Also what is the servicing schedule for these cars?

qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

I bought my P8 outright. It is clear that Volvo is much more focused on subscriptions - not a pleasant experience. I got three years servicing, as well as three years of insurance. The interval for the first service appears to be around 2 years or 19,000 miles. If that continues for the second service, it appears one only gets 1 service free unless you put a lot of miles on.
Traveloguy

Post by Traveloguy »

Are people really going for subscriptions? The price for CBV is pretty eyewatering unless you only need a short term subscription to tie one over.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Many here have, for all sorts of reasons. I would have gone for it, as I see it as a sensible solution till EV settles down and the infrastructure meets my needs.

As a retired insurance chap, the "peace of mind" aspect appealed too. And we're mortgage free, and reasonably pensioned. The subs didn't concern us.

In the end I went for a straight lease with 3 yrs servicing.

I will never again commit capital to purchase a car, nor want to run one longer than 4 yrs.

Each to their own.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21