What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Moss

Post by Moss »

Felindre wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:17 am
Moss wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:11 am

FYI, there’s a dedicated slot for your (emergency) credit card : underside of the centre console, where the USB slots are.
volvo-xc40-slot-for-credit-card2.jpg
Not sure if it's because mine's a RHD, but that slot doesn't exist in my car.
Are you sure ? I think the card holder should be there, even if it's not mentioned in the manual (by the way and as far as I'm aware, it's not mentioned in the LHD car manuals either)
This is a picture I’ve found in this article on the internet of a RHD car : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-dri ... -ride.html

Volvo cardholder.jpg

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I didn't know about the centre slot, just the two slots above my right knee. The problem with all these slots is that the credit card can be seen by looking through the driver's window - not ideal when parked up, hence my use of the bin.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Found it! I was looking for a slot, it's a pair of 'guides' in the roof of the compartment. As has been said, once a card was put in there it's invisible and would probably be forgotten about. :-)

I'd never put a credit card in the car, but the volvo call card and caravan club membership, yes.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

What is an "emergency credit card", I just have a standard credit card and a debit card. Also, if an emergency card is actually necessary why on earth would you leave it in your car?
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I guess it's like leaving 20 quid in the car for those times you've left home without your wallet and need fuel or food.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

I use it as a place to keep my fuel card which is locked to my cars registration number so there is no reason for me to ever take it out of the car :)
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

Ok, I get the spare 20 quid. If you're car was broken into the fact that you have an XC40 means you could afford to lose 20 quid. I also understand the fuel card but you're all shying away from the credit card left in the car issue, which I still think is quite a daft thing to do.
Moss

Post by Moss »

Let’s be clear….

On page 46 of this thread I only mentioned a « dedicated (emergency) credit card slot » because on the same page Jamie307 talked about using the waste paper basket to keep his locking wheel nut and his emergency credit card.

As far as I know, Volvo Cars itself never talked about a dedicated (emergency) credit card slot, so it’s just a card holder, and I don’t think Volvo even mentions that in it’s manuals.

In other words, Volvo Cars may very well never have seen this card holder as a credit card holder or slot, and to be honest, I certainly agree that leaving a credit card in the car isn’t a good idea, be it in the card holder or in the waste paper basket. And by the way, even Jamie307 doesn't say that he leaves his (emergency) credit card in the car.
PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

Fair enough. Good point well made.
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Given today's technology, i don't see an issue with leaving the card in? Mine has exactly £0 and when needed i'll transfer some money from my other bank via phone app. Takes all of 20 seconds.
Besides that, it will alert me if it's used in a different location than my phone, and it takes another 5 secs to freeze it.

I think you're all trying to make an argument where there's none. It's a card slot and you're free to put in there whatever you fancy and feel safe to do so.