Am I right to be annoyed?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
Yes you do have a right to be p!!!ed off, however you need to know the dealer response before you start slagging them off especially in a public arena. Obviously complain to the service manager and cc the dealership manager, wait for their response and a plan of how they will put things right before taking things any further.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my

Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

Well it's all in the hands of their service manager now. I took the car to have the tyres checked at a local independent place and their findings didn't agree with the report at all.

If the service manager doesn't come up with an acceptable way to rectify things I'll escalate, and if I get nowhere I'll name them on here.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Good to know I wasn't alone in being miffed.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

👍🏻
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

Volvo are collecting the car tomorrow and having one of their senior technicians go over it. The original technician will apparently be questioned on what happened. Updates as I get them.
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

Very satisfied with how the dealership handled it.

Tyre treads confirmed as different, original technician couldn't explain why the treads were wrong, also told manager he thought he'd checked the boot / flat-fix and has apologised for both mistakes. They didn't go into detail but these issues will be addressed in house - hopefully just supervision for a while to make sure nothing gets missed again.. All the other work has been checked according to the scheduled works and everything is correct.