What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

The rubbish bin is FANTASTIC item, why don't all cars have one? The inside of our XC40 is so much tidier than any other car we have had- entirely down to the bin

Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Shame you don’t get it on the manual car.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Moss wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:53 pm Since my son is using my car for the moment, I took my wife’s XC40 to drive the 800 kms (500 miles) from our company offices in Belgium to those in France. No complaints : the car does what’s expected from it.

While on the road, I used the so called waste paper bin as a secret candy container (since I’m writing this it’s not all that secret anymore, but anyway…).

I was asking myself and now I’m asking you all : is there anyone who really uses this thing as a « waste paper basket » ?

In my view, it’s too big for candy wraps etc. but too small for waste paper balls, so – except as a candy box - what’s it really good for ?
I use it to dispose of pay-and-display parking receipts when I leave the car park.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

Moss wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:53 pm Since my son is using my car for the moment, I took my wife’s XC40 to drive the 800 kms (500 miles) from our company offices in Belgium to those in France. No complaints : the car does what’s expected from it.

While on the road, I used the so called waste paper bin as a secret candy container (since I’m writing this it’s not all that secret anymore, but anyway…).

I was asking myself and now I’m asking you all : is there anyone who really uses this thing as a « waste paper basket » ?

In my view, it’s too big for candy wraps etc. but too small for waste paper balls, so – except as a candy box - what’s it really good for ?
I even placed a plastic bag in it in order to throw the garbage (usually paper, but can even be some fruit or a chewing gum) in a proper bin afterwards. So yes, it's in use, but not that often.
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I use it to keep the locking wheel nut and emergency credit card.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Moss

Post by Moss »

jamie307 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:12 am I use it to keep the locking wheel nut and emergency credit card.
FYI, there’s a dedicated slot for your (emergency) credit card : underside of the centre console, where the USB slots are.

volvo-xc40-slot-for-credit-card2.jpg

ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

While this was i think discussed before, PLEASE don't use it for credit cards. If a loyalty card, and the 2 slots near the steering wheel aren't enough, that's cool.
But for cards that have to go in an ATM that place is bad, as it heats up and bends cards. I've had mine bent quite bad, luckily it's just an empty Monzo i keep for "oh damn i forgot my wallet and you're not taking apple pay" moments, so i can transfer some funds to it
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

ciuncky wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:24 pm While this was i think discussed before, PLEASE don't use it for credit cards. If a loyalty card, and the 2 slots near the steering wheel aren't enough, that's cool.
But for cards that have to go in an ATM that place is bad, as it heats up and bends cards. I've had mine bent quite bad, luckily it's just an empty Monzo i keep for "oh damn i forgot my wallet and you're not taking apple pay" moments, so i can transfer some funds to it
Is your car equipped with wireless charging pad? I wonder if that’s causing the heat since I never had my credit card damaged in that slot (no wireless charging pad in my car).
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

eugen61 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:35 pm Is your car equipped with wireless charging pad? I wonder if that’s causing the heat since I never had my credit card damaged in that slot (no wireless charging pad in my car).
It is, however heat is generated only when the phone is in the cradle (rarely in my case) and there would be a good 6-8cm to travel to the card, i don't think a wireless pad can heat up surroundings that much!
That said, the infotainment on top of the card slot runs hot...
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Moss wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:11 am

FYI, there’s a dedicated slot for your (emergency) credit card : underside of the centre console, where the USB slots are.
volvo-xc40-slot-for-credit-card2.jpg
Not sure if it's because mine's a RHD, but that slot doesn't exist in my car.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21