Rear number plate screws

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

Perhaps a bit OTT but would prefer to have yellow covers to hide the rear number plate screws. Standard plastic covers are for m6-m8 self tappers and the mounting bolts on my car are m10 torx screws.

Has anybody found covers that will fit otherwise a new plate and double sided tape might be the answer. I will need to tape anyway as the corners of the plate are visible in the rear camera as they sit proud of the bumper.

Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Can't help but interested to see any solutions as I'll likely be swapping our plain plates for the new format UJ flag/UK national identifier ones, when stocks arrive.

No additional sticker is required in most of Europe on cars with the new format.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Spider62

Post by Spider62 »

I decided it would be better with double sided tape, no screws or bolts, a much cleaner look so that’s what I did.
R-Design Pro T4 Auto FWD Bursting blue. Intellisafe Pro, Active 4-C Chassis, Rear Park Assist Camera, Front Park Assist, Tempa Spare Wheel, Smartphone Intergration.