What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
johnpartis

Post by johnpartis »

Had the car, fitted with a B4 (mild hybrid engine) just 5 days .... just noticed a battery sign above the fuel guage on the driver display that turns blue when braking to indicate the 48 volt battery is charging - is this new, no sign of it in the handbook that I can see!
XC40 Inscription Pro B4 FWD Denim Blue with 360, spare wheel, ordered 20 August 2021, due at Dealership first week in November. Actually collected 23 October 2021.

johnpartis

Post by johnpartis »

Oh, just found it in the handbook under regenerative braking !
XC40 Inscription Pro B4 FWD Denim Blue with 360, spare wheel, ordered 20 August 2021, due at Dealership first week in November. Actually collected 23 October 2021.
Johnkavanagh

Post by Johnkavanagh »

johnpartis wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:04 pm Oh, just found it in the handbook under regenerative braking !
Just be aware: that battery inductor doesn’t actually indicate how much charge is in the system, it will always look as though it’s 3/4 full.
johnpartis

Post by johnpartis »

Thanks, noticed on a long trip today nothing seemed to change! Not really sure what use it is?
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Just to give you confidence it's recharging.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
---

Post by --- »

Just found the 12v AGM starter battery in the boot of my XC40 PHEV today. I'd seen the space-saver spare before in the boot, but I hadn't unleashed the spare, and revealed the battery below it until now! Yep, it's under there! :D
MY21 XC40 T5 Twin Engine Recharge
MY21 XC40 T4 Inscription
(MY20 XC40 T4 Inscription, rejected & now returned!)
joeldram

Post by joeldram »

ropetko wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:28 pm
joeldram wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:29 am Having take the car to some scottish islands recently, I found there is a ‘ferry’ setting on the alarm, to desensitised it so it doesn’t go off when locked but being ‘rock and rolled’ in the car levels when crossing.
By "Ferry setting" you mean "Reduced alarm level", right?
Yes. The manual says,

“ Reduced alarm level switches off certain types of alarm sensors so that a false alarm is not triggered, e.g. when travelling on a car ferry.”
2021 (70 plate) R-design in Oynx Black T3 Auto.
Moss

Post by Moss »

Since my son is using my car for the moment, I took my wife’s XC40 to drive the 800 kms (500 miles) from our company offices in Belgium to those in France. No complaints : the car does what’s expected from it.

While on the road, I used the so called waste paper bin as a secret candy container (since I’m writing this it’s not all that secret anymore, but anyway…).

I was asking myself and now I’m asking you all : is there anyone who really uses this thing as a « waste paper basket » ?

In my view, it’s too big for candy wraps etc. but too small for waste paper balls, so – except as a candy box - what’s it really good for ?
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Moss wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:53 pm Since my son is using my car for the moment, I took my wife’s XC40 to drive the 800 kms (500 miles) from our company offices in Belgium to those in France. No complaints : the car does what’s expected from it.

While on the road, I used the so called waste paper bin as a secret candy container (since I’m writing this it’s not all that secret anymore, but anyway…).

I was asking myself and now I’m asking you all : is there anyone who really uses this thing as a « waste paper basket » ?

In my view, it’s too big for candy wraps etc. but too small for waste paper balls, so – except as a candy box - what’s it really good for ?
It’s good for what ever you want it to be good for. If it’s sweat wrappers (candy??) it’s good. If it’s waste so be it. It’s storage or rubbish but it’s really not a big deal 🤷‍♂️
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Moss

Post by Moss »

Chris John wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:02 pm
Moss wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:53 pm Since my son is using my car for the moment, I took my wife’s XC40 to drive the 800 kms (500 miles) from our company offices in Belgium to those in France. No complaints : the car does what’s expected from it.

It’s good for what ever you want it to be good for. If it’s sweat wrappers (candy??) it’s good. If it’s waste so be it. It’s storage or rubbish but it’s really not a big deal 🤷‍♂️
I guess you’re right. It’s not a big deal indeed. Forget about it.